Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's Official... And That's No April Fools!!




Did I mention that we were up at 5am??? I'm such an early riser - this was no problem for me... bah hah hah hah! Did I also mention that my children love to sleep as much as I do?





We were up, dressed, fed and out the door at 6:40am. We arrived at the US Embassy at 7:15am, with new photos of Sara (Francois didn't care for the ones we had...). Then it was basically the hurry up and wait game. Pure torture for the kids... but I got to see all kinds of babies and children. So for me... it wasn't really so bad.



In the end, it's a small price to pay to have Sara deemed officially a HANKS! Once we set foot in Houston, this sweet child will become a US CITIZEN! We are so sproud of her. She has been very very brave...

9 comments:

Jodi said...

the first family photo....how AWESOME. I am so happy for you all and can hardly wait to meet her and love her just like I love my other little ones....and that's NOT APRIL FOOLS!!!!
Love you all-
Jodi/Dolly

Linda Ashcraft said...

What great pictures. I am so happy for youall - congratulations!!!

Linda

Krystal said...

We've waited a long time to see those pictures, and the Hanks family is now absoultely perfect!!!! Congratulations!

Way to go, Sara! You are one amazing little girl :)

Jenn said...

Congratulations!!!

I don't know what was wrong with my computer these past few days because I have been checking your blog and was only able to see the new posts today.

It is so great to see you guys all together as a family! I am so happy for you guys!

Thank you so much for the pictures and for loving on my girl! It is such a blessing for me!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see the 6 of yiou together-your family is now complete! I'm sure you're having quite an adventure. We're so happy that this day has finally come and can't wait for you all to get home! Hugs and kisses to everyone!
Love, Uncle chuck, Aunt Jamie & Briana (Ms Riana)

Unknown said...

You all are such a cute family!!!!!!!!!! and Sara you have WONDERFUL parents and a WONDERFUL brother and WONDERFUL sisters!!!!! i cant wait to see you all i miss you all so much and i am glad every thing is working out like it is!!!!!! well i hope/am glad you all get/got home safely!!!!!! i love you all so much and cant wait to meet you Sara and WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Always
~NUT~BRIANA~MS.RIANA

Kelli said...

Awesome!!! There are tears in my eyes as I am sooo very happy for you all. You all are an amazing looking family. Have a great time and we hope to see you soon.

Ruth said...

Congratulations!!!! Great pictures...I am so happy for all of you. I am praying for a safe trip home and that Sara can transition easily into her wonderful new life. You look so great together!!
Love, Ruth

Anonymous said...

The family photos look wonderful! I am so happy that that she is now with you guys! Congrats!

Lots of hugs!