Monday, March 31, 2008

Our First Day Together


These photos show us playing and swimming... a lot. We had a really good time. The water was warm, the sun was perfect... and I managed to get sunscreen on everyone... except myself. I got fried. I pushed the raft around with Lucas on it... trying to lure him into a pool time Siesta... and in the meantime, put Cooper to sleep in the baby float. I guess it was my dazzling conversation.







The kids have no fear... and I think if we let them, they would have stayed in there forever.





Sara was subdued when we weren't in active pool play. She has to have so many emotions rolling around in her sweet head. I can only imagine...








I also can tell you that I appreciate the thoughts and the prayers. If there is anything that I know for sure... it is that there are people praying for this sweet girl. Her heart must be breaking... and full of joy - all at the same time. She shed some tears, which is heartbreaking for me to watch, but at the same time... I think it is good that she cries to get some of this out. Please continue to pray for her, as she tries to adjust to a totally new life, and 3 little siblings that think she hung the moon!









Ali has been quietly supportive. She has met Sara before - and they bonded so well on our visit.











Rachel (aka Chatty Cathy) has talked to her non-stop. (NOTE: NON STOP....) And when Sara doesn't answer... which was most of the first day and even some of today, she just goes right on with the dialogue as if Sara HAS answered.









McCaleb... have I mentioned that he is the sweetest child on the planet??? He tells me every day how much he loves me and that I am beautiful. Now what Mom doesn't love to hear that??? Well... he follows Sara around saying: "I love you Sara." And even when she walks off... he just tries again later. It was so hard the first few times... but he told me that he knows she is just sad. Such a smart boy, too.







We ended the day with PIZZA. Sara loves pizza... and I thought it would be nice for her to get her favorite. We watched the BEE MOVIE. (Thanks Jane!!!) And then it was off to bed... because 5am was fast approaching.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

They look like the perfect siblings all tucked in a row already. I can hear Rachel now (AKA mini Jennifer) just following Sara around just talking away...carrying on BOTH sides of the conversation if neccessary!:0) and then sweet McCaleb trying his hardest to let her know that he loves her. He will just shrug it off and keep trying until she hears him and tells him back. LOVE HIM. You tell him to call Dolly and tell ME!!! :0)
Love you all and can't wait to read more about the adventure!
Be Safe. Ali, you take good care of everyone for me and make sure that Mommy and Daddy don't wear themselves out. Rachel, you keep that sweet spirit and keep talking to Sara. She will join in soon enough. McCaleb, Sara loves you BIG MUCH and before love you will know just how much because she will be telling you all the time and SARA, Dolly can't wait to give you the big hug that she is saving just for the day that I get to meet you! I have waiting for this special day just like I did for Ali, Rachel and McCaleb and it will be such a special, special time in my heart. I love you baby.
Love to you all-
Jodi/Dolly

Krystal said...

I love, love, love the pic of them on the bed together!!!!

McC, you are the sweetest little guy in the whole world :)