Sunday, April 20, 2008

Getting Un-Stuck...


Last week was really hard. We lost a big part of our hearts with JD... and at the same time our Sweet Sara is still finding her footing in our family... and her confidence is beginning to bloom. Everyone else seems to be handling the adjustments pretty well. I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall...maybe it never will. Who knows....








I missed photos last Sunday, for Sara's first time going to church. My head still wasn't on quite right... but I'm pretty sad I missed getting those pictures. She looked adorable... and the kids were so excited and proud. There might have been some slight drama when I left her in Children's Church and she realized that I wasn't coming back any time soon. This week she decided that she was going to BIG church. I told her that was fine, that she would have to sit quietly during church - but that we were happy that she wanted to go to "Big Church". After some considerable squirming and being poked awake once by me... she has decided that she misses Children's Church, and wants to give it a try again next week. (please note the sly smile on MY face...hee hee)





This week has been a little crazy. We had a new office person start. In addition to Ali's appointment this week, we had THREE appointments for Sara this week. Poor thing. It seems like we are trying to traumatize this poor child, but she has handled it all with such determination and bravery. Ii also introduced her to her first "sports bra". I was a little worried that she might be upset... but she has been so proud! So proud, in fact, that she will show it to just about anyone that she sees. I finally got her to STOP doing it at Target on Thursday... but fair warning if you see out out and about. :)




This week should be the end of our initial "appointments" for Sara. We visit the DENTIST on Thursday. Say a prayer for this sweet child... she has not had the best dental experiences in the past... actually, pray for Dr. Corbett, too!




Finally, in an effort to completely exhaust and traumatize as many people as possible, we had a photo session for the kids on Saturday. They wore some cute shirts that we bought for them in Guatemala...and I have to say... they did great! Once I get the info on the proofs... I will post it all online so that everyone can see them!




When we got home on Saturday - we flew kites and rode the little mini-4wheeler. Then it began to rain. So the photos were snapped fast and furious...




I was amused at Ali when her kite was ALL THE WAY IN THE AIR. She never put her arms down. I never did find out why, but it was really funny. Sara's began to pull on her once, and it scared her... so she let go. (The kids laughed, but I'm pretty sure all three of them have done the same thing.) Luckily, the kite landed in our of our huge trees, the string dangling down... and it was windy enough that Tim was able to get it right out! (Way to go, Daddy!)

Sara says that the dogs seem SAD. She said that Molly is sad... which is probably a little true. The girls decided to give her extra love tonight. I personally think that Molly might just be a little spoiled... but either way we love her! (She seems a little relieved that Picabo has gone home... as she is terrified of my Mom's little Lhasa. Such a great watchdog. She is also terrified of Rocky, our rabbit. Oh well...)




All in all... it was a really good weekend!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sara said...

Such beautiful pictures of the kids - you should be proud of your family. Hoping things calm down a little this week for you all.

Kelli said...

Love all the pics!!! Looks like everyone is adjusting quite well.

Angie said...

You have the most beautiful family! I am so happy to hear the adjusting is going well.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful family! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend together with lots of firsts!!

Was your photo session with SH in Lex??

Katie said...

Love the pic of your kids ... they are all perfect !!!!

Angel said...

It seems like she is doing great. Write me if you need anything. I am just sitting here slowly losing my mind while I wait to go to China. ;0) Hugs! Angel