Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wednesday Ends...With POOL TIME!!!




I realize I already posted a BAJILLION (which is a lot) of photos from our Wednesday... but we were really busy... ALL DAY LONG. I don't think I can possibly describe how much we crammed into one short day... but let it suffice to say that we are glad to be home... because our schedule in Guatemala makes work at Hi-Tech seem kind of lame. :) (just kidding)







Seriously, though... we were at the pool having a blast... and I totally forgot that we were waiting for Francois and our Visa. (Hello... kind of need that to travel HOME!) Thank goodness Jane was there, because at one point she looks up from the pool and says, "Hey... that kind of looks like Francois." OOPS. Totally forgot about him. :) He was due there at 4pm, and honestly, I coudn't believe that it was 4pm.








It seemed like only minutes later that Tim's cell phone was ringing... and it was Joshua Goe. He was planning to be there at 5:30... and again I was stunned that it was already 5:30!!! Josh and Kacie Goe met us the same time that we met Sara last August... and he was down doing more work for the opening of a new hogar. They are from Kentucky... and SAD TO SAY... we have only spent time with him in Guatemala!! I am ashamed that I didn't take ONE PHOTO of the kids with Josh! Can you believe it??? Tsk tsk... I won't let that happen again.










We went out to dinner at a very cool restaraunt called Kakao. It is this really nice place with a thatch roof and all the waiters dress in authentic Guatemalan clothing. It was really great. We went back to the hotel, and the kids settled in for a movie and ice cream, Tim and Josh walked over to pre-board us for the flight to avoid all the check in lines (what a great thing!!!) and Jane and I gabbed about everything, and nothing. It was really nice!








I also was able to display my lack of technical ablities not only once... but several times that evening. (I don't know why everyone thinks that just because Tim owns a business called "Hi-Tech" that I know what I am doing... ha ha ha!) It was such a great day... and if Jane had not taken pictures at the pool, I wouldn't have been able to document the entire day. THANK YOU JANE!!!!! And, thank you to Jane, Tim and Josh... for getting the photos in the right place for me. ;) Oh well... I hope that you enjoy the rest of our Wednesday. :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love that picture of the four kids in the pool with their swimmies and their hands on their face. That one is deserving of framing.

What a great day you guys had!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I love all the pictures!!! Can't wait to pictures of the homecoming.

Jodi said...

That looked like a great day. And that picture of you and Tim in the pool is great. You can see the happiness in your smiles and in your eyes. I love you both and can't wait to see you all-
Be safe and hopefully see you soon.
Love you-
Jo/Dolly

Kelli said...

Looked like a great day!!!! I love the pic with all 4 of the kids in the pool. too cute!!! You guys are finally complete with sweet Sara!!!! WOO HOO!!!