Saturday, April 05, 2008

Saturday So Soon???





When you have had a week of basically no real schedule, maids that make your bed, room service, a warm pool and a hot tub... every day seems like Saturday to you! For the kids... it is like Disney World. They love the hotel life. For Sara... this is all she has ever known with Tim and I. Each visit has been the "Hotel Life" that she loves... and the Pizza Fiesta's, Ice Cream, Pools, Playing, TELEVISION... etc, etc, etc.









Welcome to reality. I think the office was a rude awakening yesterday. She handled it all really well... and took it in stride. But you could see it on her face... B-O-R-I-N-G. ;)








Today was Saturday - so we had "things" that need to be done. Things like: Laundry, Cleaning The Rabbit Cage, Changing Sheets, Feeding the Horses... you know... the usual.




Again, she took it all in stride.







So, lest she feel left out in any way... we let her help. She did a little cleaning in the rabbit cage... mostly giggling and petting... but it was her first time. She also drove the tractor for Tim and help put out hay. She liked the dogs (more) from up on the tractor... but once she got down she did fine. She threw the ball for Maggie, who is (no surprise to me...) her favorite. Maggie is a great kid's dog... she will fetch until she is ready to fall over. She also loves to jump off the dock into the pond after anything that will float! She is a great dog - that's for sure.






Sara also had her first visitors... Aunt Jamie and Briana came by for a short visit. She handled it all in stride...and even smiled and interacted with them. Better than I expected. she sure does make me proud.








She was so funny on the tractor... I don't know if she giggled more - or Tim did. But she did great. (Especailly when she put her hands on the wheel and actually DROVE the tractor!) We'll make a farm girl out of you yet, Sweet Sara!


5 comments:

Kim said...

I hadn't thought about the fact that Sara only knows you guys with "hotel time." I'm sure it will be an adjustment for her to settle into regular life. It looks like she is doing good. She drives a tractor better than I do!!!

Cynthia said...

She is just fitting right in! She looks like she's always been there! I can't wait to meet her!!!

Everyone looks so happy!!!

Sara said...

I am so happy you are home and Sara is adjusting to "normal" life. She is just smiling ear to ear in the pictures. So glad she in finally home and able to enjoy her mom, dad and siblings. Congratulations family of 6!!

Ruth said...

I am so glad you are home and a complete family!! Sara looks so happy and so does the rest of the Hanks gang. Congratulations to all of you!!!
Love, Ruth

Jodi said...

I absolutely LOVE that very last picture of her (the one with you in it also). Just her posture in it is so cute and just like..."yep it is me, take my picture". Those are great and she looks like she is adjusting well. Can't wait to get there!!!
Love you all-