Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Journey's End


"JD"
September 8, 1992 - April 12, 2008

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Unknown



Saturday morning we said goodbye to our beloved dog, JD. He went to sleep Friday night, and never woke up. A peaceful and honorable end to a life that was well lived. JD brought so much joy to our lives - in his very quiet and unassuming way. He was kind, gentle, brave, loyal, loving... all the qualities we would like to possess, but fall short of ever having. He was truly the most incredible dog - and his place in our lives will never be filled. He left paw prints that are just too large to fill.






While we are heartbroken over the loss - we are filled with countless wonderful memories. JD lived a very long and full life. He had more personality and character than a lot of people we know... and gave us many years, months, days and moments of good times, laughter, tail wags and the unconditional love that only a dog can give.




Before the children came along...we had JD. He has been here to welcome, love, comfort, protect and entertain each of our children as they came home. We know that he played a very large part in their adjustments into our home...just as much as Tim and I did. He served as more than just a pet - he provided them with a very large, albeit hairy pillow. They loved, cuddled, washed, brushed, chased, fed and completely adored JD. In turn he gave them love and never-ending patience, he licked their boo boos and tears away, and loyally followed them all over this farm. He was an amazing dog that would spit at an adult...to get to a child. He was always a puppy at heart... and his spirit always amazed me. Even in the last few years, as he got older and moved a lot slower... he could still muster up an occasional trot and tail wag... and always did for Tim.



We will miss JD - but his spirit will live on in our hearts and in our home. God certainly blessed us with this amazing 4-legged friend.





Goodbye Ol' Boy...you are truly more than Just and Ol' Dog to us.
We love you!!




If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane,
I would walk right up to Heaven
To bring you home again.
No farewell's were spoken,
No time for goodbye,
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knows why.
My heart still aches in sadness,
And secret tears will flow,
What it meant to me to lose you,
No one will ever know.

-Author Unknown

8 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is so hard.

Krystal said...

I am so sorry. I know that you will miss JD very much.

Jodi said...

Tim, Jenn and kids-
I am so sorry and know that the loss of JD is so heavy in your hearts right now. I wish that I could be with you only a minute portion of the amount that you were there for me at the loss of putting Shelby down. I know that she was there waiting to greet JD and show him all around at all the places that she had staked out for the to run around to....because now you know, they both can do just that....RUN FREELY and without pain!
My thoughts, prayer and mostly LOVE are with you today and always-
love and miss you-
Jodi/Dolly

Cynthia said...

I am so sorry for you all. It's truly devastating to lose a baby. I know what JD meant to Tim and I know that everyone in that family loved him just like a person.....

Angie said...

I don't know what to say except the "We're sorry"

Sarah said...

Poor sweet JD. May he rest in peace! I am so sorry for your loss of your fur baby... I lost mine about a year ago and I still miss her every single day. I know our babies are frolicking in Doggie Heaven somewhere over the Rainbow Bridge! JD looks so sweet and loyal... I know you all will miss him so much!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am sooooo sorry!!! He was a beautiful doggy.

Mandy said...

So sorry for your loss!