Thursday, April 03, 2008

Adios Guatemala... Hello Kentucky!



The journey home was really good. For the most part - Sara did really great. The only small hiccup that we had was on the flight from Houston to Cincinnati... we flew into the worst storm I've flown in ever. (Driving home wasn't even fun!!!) Poor Sweet Sara... was initiated to the PUKE BAG CLUB on her first ever journey! At one point, McCaleb looked up at me with this huge smile and said - "I think the plane is going to flip over!"






Once we hit the ground (I say HIT... but it was more of a very hard BUMP) and she felt the very cool (very wet) air... she was much better.






She didn't even fall asleep on the drive home. Rachel actually talked non-stop until we reached the Sadieville exit. She took a deep breath, to get a second wind... and I never heard from her again. She slept through most everything after that!!






We reached the Georgetown City limits, and I hopped into the back seat and began to tell Sara a little of what it was that she couldn't really see. When we finally reached the driveway - she was so excited! When we pulled in, there was quite a scene waiting for us! There were signs down the driveway (more about those tomorrow) and streamers, balloons and signs all over the house! Sara was so excited she was giggling NON STOP!! (Sadly... it also started to pour down rain at this time.)







We reached the house, got inside... and the surprises kept coming! There were cupcakes, a present... and of course, Rocky the Rabbit.





Sara was a little overwhelmed, I am sure. But she took everything in with awe and excitement!





We let her open her present (Small Miracles had it waiting...), we showed her around the house... and finally we showed her to her room.





She enjoyed looking at her Easter Basket... and the goodies that were there. But she was really excited about her bed and the fact that she has her own room! She even slept in her own room the very first night! (Poor McCaleb... he really tried to lure her into his room and his spare bed!)





All in all... I think things went really well. Sara shed a few tears right at bedtime... but she was asleep within a matter of minutes and didn't get up all night.




(Hey Jane... ANY IDEA where McCaleb learned this little trick?? It appears he was as smitten with you as you were with him!)


She is one tough little girl. I have no idea how I would be doing under the same circumstances. I am amazed and in awe of her and how well she is doing!






WELCOME HOME SARA!!!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Welcome home big sister!!!!!

With much love from a family who has been praying you home, and a Small Miracles family.
Love. Love, Love
Cathie
Proud Mama to Caden Paul Oswaldo

Sarah said...

Hi... My name is Sarah and I'm a heart Mom friend to Krystal. Her Brayden and my Evan have the same heart defect. I followed your link from her site (I had to read, we are from KY too!) months ago and have lurked ever since. I wanted to come out of hiding and rejoice in the Lord with you on the home coming of Sara. What a beautiful family you have.
Sarah
www.evanbraveheart.blogspot.com