Thursday, January 17, 2008

Trio Day 5 - THE END... Coming Home


It is a bittersweet ending to the week. We have run the gamet of emotions... and to say that we are tired is an understatement! We are so very thankful to Krystal for including us in this journey! To get to spend time with Krystal and her precious sons was so much fun, and such a blessing! It was wonderful for Ali, for me... and for Sara... because she was able to spend time with her family from Guatemala (the boys) and her family that is waiting for her in Kentucky! It was a long week, and emotional week... and it was sad to leave. But upon arriving home... and coming down the escaltor in Lexington...we were greeted by Tim (big mug of fresh iced tea in his hands...) and Rachel and McCaleb (holding a sign that said "WELCOME HOME! WE LOVE YOU!" Leaving Guatemala was hard... but it makes it easier when you have something so sweet to come home TO!



7 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome home... and I am so happy you had such a wonderful visit with your big girl in Guatemala. I guess that I did not realize that you live in KY! Me too... I am in Louisville!

Sig said...

How awful to leave, but soon you will have her home FOR GOOD. It has got to be soon...
Hugs.

JuJu - said...

been thinkin bout ya:)

Sara said...

I enjoyed all the pictures and you sharing about all that happened while you were in Guatemala. What a special time! Just know that God knows how your heart aches for Sara and that she will come home.

Jodi said...

I am so glad that you both had that experience. I know that it was hard to leave Sara behind but what a special time that you shared with her and it won't be long before you return to bring her down that escalator with you.
I love you all-Jo

Karen D. said...

I have enjoyed seeing all the pics of your trip! I love Sarah! I am still grateful for all of your help and friendship when I went to bring Abbie home!!

Love and miss you!
Karen

Krystal said...

Jenn & Al-EE,

Thank you so much for our very special trip. We had so much fun, and we made so many memories! We make an awesome travel team :)

Love,
Krystal