Monday, January 14, 2008

Trio Day 2 - Trip to the Hogar



There are few words that I can find to describe the feeling I have each time I am surrounded by all the sweet children at the Hogar. It is precious... and exhilarating... and a total blast. I think that I could stay there all day.







Ali was completely ready to go and pick up Sara, Gerson and Elviz... and we had a quick breakfast, a trip to Paiz for some supplies... and then we called a cab to go to the Hogar.






It was SO MUCH FUN to ring the bell and announce our arrival on the other side of that green door. You could hear the kids screaming... and it was utter chaos!





When we arrived another family also got there to visit their baby for the first time... and it was precious to be able to witness that meeting and to video tape that for them. It reminds me each time of the first time we ever laid eyes on our own babies and were able to hold them... and it moves me to tears each time I witness this event in another family's life.






The children were waiting... and Sara was off to the side with her backpack already on! Ali saw her first... and immediately yelled "Hi, Sara!" It was so precious!! They immediately became inseperable!!! And, in her usual fashion, Sara whisked her away for the whirlwind tour of the home... top to bottom... before Krystal or I were ever able to make in in the front door.











In the meantime we were able to shower all the children with lots of candy, compliments of Papi Maguire... and Lucas and Cooper loved their little cars from their Mama! (I'm sure the nannies were tickled to death with all the sugar we were passing out...)






After finding all the babies that we needed to take pictures of...(and aided with the help of Sara who was STILL ready to GO...) we headed back down to the courtyard... and Sara took the liberty of having the nannies call us a TAXI. (This girl KNOWS what she wants!)






All in all, I think it was a very successful trip!

5 comments:

Katie said...

The sister pictures are adorable !!! How fun !!

Jodi said...

That is so awesome. I am still so excited for you all. The times are messing me up and I just happened to get back on to check and was so excited to see another update. You all look so happy and Sara and Ali look like they are already inseperable-
HAVE FUN-
love you--
jo
HI SARA, HI ALI.....love you, Dolly

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I love all of the pictures. I am so our of the loop. You look so happy.

Jana said...

I can't believe you're there!! And that Ali and Sara are together:)! What gorgeous girls and what beautiful smiles. Travel safely and enjoy the bonding. What a great trip you for and Ali to be able to take together.

Cynthia said...

So sweet to see the sister smiling! I bet they were on top of the world!! Yeah!!!