Friday, July 04, 2008

Indepedence Day




I love the 4th of July. I'm not sure if it is because of the fireworks, the cookouts, or just getting to spend time with my family... but I really just enjoy the holiday.





I have decided that we (as in we "Americans"...) take it (as in America...) for granted too often. I haven't traveled the world nearly as much as a lot of people... but I have seen enough to know how very blessed we are to live in a country that offers us so many freedoms. I have also been in a few positions that have made me feel scared and uncomfortable to the point that I have been so thankful to touch my feet back on US soil!!






This year was special for us, because in addition to having Sara home (and a US citizen, to boot!) Tabitha was still here visiting from Arizona. We decided to meet at Cheddars for lunch, and since the weather was kind of rainy and cold, we opted to go bowling!







The kids had a BLAST bowling. Talk about independence... these kids all wanted to do everything on their own. And... they were pretty good. Sara bowled a 100 her first time ever bowling! I think her second game was a 94... but by the second game they were all getting a little tired and ready to move on to something new. They all had a great time - and no one sustained any injuries. All in all that's like a miracle for these 5 kids. ;)







After bowling, we decided to head over to Mamoo and Papoo's house. I'm not sure why we feel the need to eat so often.... but that's exactly what we did. Since it was raining, we had a picnic in the Family Room. The kids really loved that. We played games, the kids danced, colored and drew pictures... and then it was finally getting dark enough for some outdoor fun.





The kids did a few sparklers... but the big hit this year were the Pop-Its. They LOVED them! They tossed them and stomped on them... and screamed each time like they had no idea that they were going to "POP" so loud! It was really cute.







We then drove up the road - found a neutral location - and watch fireworks from 4 different subdivisions and directions. By this time is was raining (again) and actually getting COLD. I think just about all the kids had jackets on... did I mention that it was the 4th of JULY????






We had a wonderful time - and really enjoyed the day with Mamoo, Papoo and Tabitha. I think that all the kids were worn out (in a good way) and wished that we had all our family close by to share days like this with!

No comments: