Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Shelby!



There are not words to describe the way we love and adore our Sweet Shelby. She is kind and honest, gentle and yet funny... and her heart is as pure as gold. She is a true joy to be around.




Not only do the kids adore her... but Tim and I are totally crazy about her. She is just as beautiful a person on the inside as she is on the outside... and her smile lights up a room. Much like her mother... she is also tender-hearted... and has a sweet spirit that is priceless.




We love our Shelby - and it has been an honor and privilege to watch her blossom into such a fine young woman right before our eyes. Our lives have been truly blessed!!

If you could see some of her recent photos from the county fair... you would see how enchanting and beautiful she is... but nothing can compare with being around her. She is just so much fun!





I am reminded of her spunky spirit - even while hospitalized 1 1/2 years ago. Despite being a very sick young lady... she gave her momma a run for her money every chance she could. It was her spunk and determination that helped keep her alive... as she fought a very serious illness. Each night when the kids pray at bedtime - we thank God for Shelby and all that she means to us. He healed her body and we pray that God would continue to keep her healthy - and allow us to be a part of her life.



There are not many people we leave our children with - but when Tim and I went to Guatemala last August... we left the kids with Shelby and they stayed at her house. I didn't know how that was going to work... we've never left the kids before for more than one night. I just knew that they would be up all night - crying their eyes out... just missing their mommy so much.




NOT.




They had the best time... they still talk about it almost every week at some point! McCaleb (my BABY) asked the other night when I was going to Guatemala again with Daddy so he could stay with Shelby. They LOVE their Shelby! (They love the whole family... but for privacy reasons I am not using their last name... sorry to "Monster", Shelby's Mommy and her big brother David.)


This summer we were able to attend one of her recent goat shows...the kids love to go to those! They love to watch the animals... play in the dirt... and follow Shelby everywhere she goes.


Later in this same week - Shelby took McCaleb and Ali to "Craft Day" at the local Scrapbook store. They had the best time! (Since Shelby also works in our office... we get to see her on a regular basis. She is such a blessing to us there, as well.)



As I have watched Shelby this summer... I have been very aware that she is entering her final year of High School. Soon she will be off to college and we won't have the privilege of seeing her as often as we do now. (If you are reading this Katrina... sorry... I've cried over this already a few times myself!) While I am excited and thrilled for her... I find myself a little sad. Where does the time go? It's like just the other day she was 12!!! You close your eyes or blink... and POOF... they are Seniors in High School... heading off to college...



It makes you want to hold on to your own as tight as you can!



We are fortunate to be been blessed with so many wonderful people in our lives... and many of them have made quite an impression on our children. I am so thankful for them and the influence that they have already had on their lives.






As I look back over my own life, I am reminded of the many young people that I knew from my own church and what an impression that those youth had on me.






Our children love and adore Shelby. Each time we are all together and I watch her with them, I know that I am blessed that they have this wonderful example in their lives right now. I also think how fortunate I will be if they can grow up and make this same impression on someone else's life someday.


Good luck in your Senior Year, Shelby! We will be here cheering you along... your biggest fans! We love you!!!

No comments: