Sunday, July 27, 2008

Batter Up!

We live in Kentucky... so I realize that I am supposed to be a huge BASKETBALL FAN. Don't get me wrong... I totally support my Wildcats... but my real love... my real passion... has always been BASEBALL. Maybe because even when they are in Little League - I adore little boys in baseball pants. Too cute!


So, when McCaleb turned 2... Uncle Chad, Dolly, Austin and Bryson bought him a little baseball glove, a ball and a bat. For the most part - the bat has been used as a hammer. And... in order to save the ball from Maggie (see post below) I have had it put away in his closet until he was old enough to play.




This summer he began asking to get it out to play. I was a little hesitant at first... but it was perfect timing for all the kids. They all did really well.




McCaleb was so tickled that he was hitting almost every pitch I threw... he giggled non-stop. It was difficult to even get a picture of him that was clear.


Rachel was easier to get a picture of... as she was more in tune to where the camera was than where the ball was....





Ali totally blew my mind. She bats left-handed. Sorry for Ali... I couldn't help her much, we had to wait for Daddy to get home. For some odd reason, Tim (who is right-handed) bats left-handed. Mommy... who is left-handed... bats right-handed. BIZARRE. Just call us the backward family.






Last there was Sara. She IS left-handed... and she bats left-handed.





They all did GREAT! Everyone was able to hit more than 50% of all the pitches thrown their way. Now if we could just teach them to field their own balls. :)


I think next we need to try golf. Wouldn't they be a hoot with little clubs, in plaid shorts and little polo shirts???

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh Jen... they are precious playing baseball! I admit that I love baseball over KY basketball as well!!