Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye!!!

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Theodor Seuss Geisel, "Dr. Seuss"


Saying goodbye is not my favorite thing. It never has been. We were so blessed this summer to have Tabitha here from Arizona visiting. We actually got a little spoiled, if the truth be told. She is a very sweet, somewhat shy little girl that when she does come out of her shell for you... is extremely kind, loving, considerate and very funny!




It didn't occur to me how much the kids were used to having her here until yesterday. (You need to keep in mind that this is being written on 8/17...I am still trying to catch up.) For McCaleb's birthday we went over to Mamoo's and Papoo's... and the first thing Sara asked... "Can I go play with Tabitha?" It almost made me cry.



So...on that final Sunday that Tabitha was in town we all met for lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. We had a FUN (if not interesting) lunch... and we even took pictures. Well... some of us took pictures... some of us were supposed to email "said" pictures to little sister to post on "said" blog... but who's pointing fingers? Right????




Since I didn't have my camera with me - I was tickled to death that I was able to talk everyone into coming back to the house for a little while so I could get a few more pictures.




The kids really did love having Tabitha here. It was wonderful for them to get to spend time with her... and bond with her... and to just fall in love with her even more! And according to Tabitha... she'll be back again next summer!! I don't know if Aunt Jean (aka her Mommy) knows about that yet... and I am also not sure if Mamoo and Papoo know that she was serious... but she said it out loud and in front of my kids... and as far as they are concerned... it's the gospel truth, now! Whoo hoo! We can hardly wait!!




We love you, Tabitha! We also miss you terribly! I don't know how Mommy and Daddy made it without you for so long... but we are so glad that they let you come to Kentucky for the summer!! We will see you soon!

No comments: