Thursday, May 08, 2008

My "Good Humor" Man


I have a few weaknesses. One of them is ICE CREAM. I don't care how cold it is outside... Ice Cream is ALWAYS GOOD. ;) The past few weeks, Tim has been working late... A LOT. So in an effort to cheer me up, he will come home with a pint or two of Haagen Dazs. It's been a joke since our Honeymoon. We would WALK all over Europe... and it seems that no matter where we were... I could find a Haagen Dazs in every town. I have had Haagen Dazs in England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Swtizerland, Belgium. One of the "salespeople" on Notre Dame Island talked me into 4 scoops in a jumbo waffle cone... and YES... I ate it all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ICE CREAM!!! So as I said... Tim has worked late a lot. Last week, Monday - Friday he was never home to see the kids. (Which was kind of hard on Sara, who still doesn't understand. It took a lot to convince her that he still lived here. I showed her his dirty clothes that kept "appearing".) I thought this week might be different, but last night Tim was out late again until after 10pm. However, he told me he was stopping at Wal-Mart on the way home... so I knew Ice Cream was forthcoming. Imagine my surprise when he walks in and hands me the TINIEST container of Ice Cream ever!! And then he said... don't worry... I got you TWO!!! WHATEVER!!!! Just to give you some perspective... I have included a photo of my NORMAL sized container of Haagen Dazs... and what Tim brought home. And to let you know how TINY this is... most of you have seen me with my big (State Farm) Jennifer cup. Here is the ice cream next to the Jennifer Cup. T-I-N-Y!!! I even show you how small it is next to my SPOON. Two bites, at the most!!! Oh well... it was ice cream... yes, I ate it... and it was GOOD. Oh... and where is Tim NOW? I got home from Bible study in time to see him, kiss him... and watch him walk out the door on another Emergency Service Call. Here's to MORE ICE CREAM....

7 comments:

Kim said...

Maybe next time you will get the bigger container!! :)

JuJu - said...

What a sweet man:)

Krystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystal said...

I am cracking up that you posted about HD!!! My husband knows better than to bring home a mini container like that -- but I better tell him just in case :)

Angie said...

I can so relate!!!! Those mini containers are teeny tiny! I love ice cream too but when I eat it I need a lot! 4 scoops would have been perfect for me too! I hope you get a bigger container next time!!!

Angie said...

I have a ice cream fetish too. I put bananas, peanut butter, and choc syrup on mine. I've been know to eat it for dinner quite often. On the serious side, I hope Sara gets better with it. Since another Angie posts too, I'll sign mine.

Angie S

Rick said...

Those small containers are actually bait for the bigger tubs. It is kind of like using a little minnow to catch a large bass.
You usually don't see the small containers except at the ice cream bait shop where you can get them by the dozen.
If you try to catch ice cream in the wild you will need a license but you can buy ice cream without all the fuss at any store. You don't need a license that way ( and you don't go through the hassle of getting out your ice cream tackle and explaining to your spouse where you are going. )
PS: Make mine chunky monkey.