Friday, May 09, 2008

FFF#5 - Mommy and Me... and Daddy, too!


Sadly... I am always the one BEHIND the camera. So in order to actually get me in the photos, we have to use the timer and do a "Family Photo". This was posted before - on McCaleb's Forever Family Day... but it's one of my favorites with all 6 of us.

These kids are just the best... and so much fun. Even on the days that are hard...I wouldn't trade being their Mom for anything in the world. They are precious blessings...I cannot imagine life without them. So this weekend - I will be thinking of each of them and what they mean to me individually. Each of them bless me in ways that you can never imagine. Each of them challenge me in ways that make me want to be a better person... and a better mother.


Most recently the things that I have noticed about each of the kids are:

Sara - she spent the first fews days with the family literally NOT TALKING. Fear not... she has found her voice. Now I sometimes wonder if she will ever STOP. :) She is truly a riot... and keeps us all laughing most of the time.

Ali - she lost tooth #2! However, she still has not pulled one on her own. This time Daddy pulled her tooth. She was very proud...but her "new" tooth was already in, so Mommy still has no "toothless" photos to post. :( As for her tooth... this is the third night she has forgotten to put it under her pillow.

Rachel - while we thought that she was going to have the most difficult adjustment (sharing Daddy especially) Rachel has been very over-the-moon for her new big sister. She actually loves both sisters - and her brother... and has the "more the merrier" mentality most all the time.

McCaleb - this little guy is just pure sugar. He is the sweetest boy... so it has been very surprising that he has been a bit of a stinker lately. I think that Tim and I have both been shocked that the adjustments have been the toughest for him. After 2 weeks of being a stinker, though... I think my sweet boy is back.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there - whether you are mother's yourself, or you just "mother" someone else.... HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love how you notice all the special qualities of each of your kids! Great that McCaleb is coming back around... all your children are simply gorgeous! You are a beautiful mommy too!

Happy Mothers Day with all FOUR of your children home and in your arms forever!

Sara said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day and I know you truly appreciate what a gift your children are!

MICHELLE said...

GORGEOUS FAMILY AND HAVE A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY.

Kathy said...

What a beautiful family! Happy Mother's Day!

Angie said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is a great photo!!! I love that you notice each of your kids are very different and all of them are great!!

When can you babysit??? I would love to see you guys again. I owe you. Maybe me and Maya could babysit so that you and your man could have a date.