Sunday, March 30, 2008

Flying to Sara...

Getting Ready To Leave Cincy... Uh Oh... Flight DELAY!!!! The POOR lady behind Tim that got to hear AWESOME GOD at the top of the kids' lungs... also ended up next to Tim on the flight. Bless Her Heart.


It was quite the ordeal getting flights booked and accomodations made...for a family of 5 soon-to-be-six. However, we finally got our arrangements made, flying out of Cincinnati.



Thank you to TIM AND KELVIN... for instilling such high aeronautical values in my children. They ALL grab the saftey instruction cards FIRST... and study them endlessly. They know what to do when there is a sudden drop of oxygen in the cabin... and also that your seat can also be used as a floatation device. (PS... and Kelvin... AGAIN... thank you for the face wiping skills, which I have on video... even here in Guatemala.)






The flight was pretty easy... we didn't have to arrive at the crack of dawn... so it made for a relaxing morning drive to the "Queens City".








When we checked in... they assigned us seats... Tim up front... me in the rear... and the kids... scattered in the middle. Ummmm.... I don't think so. So the very nice lady at the gate rearranged us all so that McCaleb and I were in one row, Ali and Rachel were right behind us, and Tim was across the aisle. It worked out really well.















We arrived in Houston (late... after a 1 hour flight delay) and met up with my friend Jane and her son Tanner! It was so great to get to meet them finally! Jane and I have been talking for almost a year...and she was able to give us a LOT of photos of Sara from the beginning of her stay at the hogar... as well as fill in some of the gaps for us! She has also spoiled me so much with TONS of photos of Sara and her friends... but ALSO with phone calls from Sara while she was there visiting her children. So this trip is so very special for us because we get to bring Sara home, we get to meet Jane and Tanner and spend time with them... and we get to have Lucas and Cooper with us at the hotel, which are two of Sara's dearest amigos!






Here are some fun photos of our journey... the flight... and breakfast the morning we went to take Sara from the hogar for the very last time!!! Jane and Tanner are with us... and they got to watch the Hanks kids PACK AWAY SOME FOOD!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

The pics of the kids reading the emergency flight info CRACK me up!!! Yes, leave it to the HANKS kids to be the ones to study them...and quite intently in the photo I might add!
Great photo. A scrapbook page all of its own I do believe!!!
Love you all and be safe-
jodi/Dolly
PS-
Ali, Rachel and McCaleb have fun and tell Sara I can't wait to see her and have fun with her like we all do. Make sure to tell her all about Sis and the boys for me so that we can all have fun together. I will keep reading the posts to find out more neat stuff about your trip. I love you-

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the updates! Not even one of them showed up until today (Thursday)......I am so happy it's official!!!

I can't wait to hug her!!! Love to all the Hank's kiddos!!