Saturday, March 01, 2008

Our Big Surprise...& ... A Favor From You

We have been so blessed on the journey to bring Sara home... I can't repeat that often enough!

Is it because we were so much more naive when we adopted the girls in 2003... and that with McCaleb we were so BUSY with the two girls that we simply didn't have the time to obsess about things??? Who knows! With Sara's adoption we have such a great network of friends that have traveled to Guatemala, have delivered our packages (full of love, sweets and surprises...) and have given us updates and photos - more than we could have ever hoped for!!

Back in December, my friend Jane went to take care of paperwork for her son, Lucas... and when she went to pick up the boys from the Hogar that Sunday, she called my house so that I could speak to Sara. It was a much needed lift for me right before Christmas... and yes, I bawled like a baby. (Thank you Jane, for not telling everyone my secret.) It was such a tender time for me... I didn't even post or share the photos with anyone.





Jane flew back down to Guatemala yesterday for a visit trip, and went to pick up the boys this morning. When the phone rang at 9:30am... we were all ready... jumping up and down to get a chance to talk to Sara. She sounded so good... maybe a little overwhelmed by the kids all screaming in the background... but she sounded wonderful. I told her that it wouldn't be much longer... that we would be there very soon! I don't know how much of that she grasps... but I know that Karly and Jacqueline are with Jane, and I'm sure that they will fill her in on all the details. :)




Look at that shiny black hair...isn't it just gorgeous? All of our children have the prettiest heads of hair... and the best smiles...and the funniest giggles... and they are just such a blast!!! Such fun!





I especially like the photo of Sara on the slide with the "boys". These are truly some of her very best friends. Really - they are her "family". She loves sweet Lucas. She is tender and kind to him. He is on the left of the photo. I have a picture of her with her arm around him, whispering in his ear from our visit trip in January. It is very sweet. She is a good, kind and caring little girl. I just hope that when she comes home, she realizes that she doesn't have to "take care" of anyone... she just gets to be a kid.




A special note about Gerson and Elviz. Those two little guys (pictured with Sara and Lucas on the slide) are so very dear to us. I would like to ask a favor from all of you. Please pray for their case... it seems to be "stuck" right now. You can read more about it on Krystal's blog... but just pray that the investigators will get the answers that they want as quickly as possible - and that these two boys will be coming home very soon. I know two little girls here in KY that can't wait for them to get here!



Thank you Jane... for taking time out of your busy, busy schedule... to send us these photos... and for letting Sara call home!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention!

Sara said...

She looks like such a happy child. What a blessing to get to talk to her and reassure her that it won't be long and you will all be together:)

Ruth said...

she is a doll...I can't wait to see her with her forever family. Her hair is so shiny and full. I love seeing all the pics.
Love Ruth

Krystal said...

Sara is such a beautiful girl! I just love her in that Paz shirt :)