Monday, March 31, 2008

Going to the Hogar


You kind of have it in your mind... how things are going to play out when there is a really big event in your life. LIke... the first time we ever laid eyes on each of our children... I didn't sleep at all the night before, trying to picture what it would be like. It was worse than Christmas as a child. You go over what you think will happen...and you have it all orchestrated in your mind's eye.



At breakfast, Jane and I talked about exactly how Sara would act when we would open the front gate. We knew how things would play out... Sara would see us... and she would throw her hands up to her face and cover her mouth... and she would have this great big grin on the whole time!!!



We told the kids... this is what will happen. ALI EVEN AGREED... because she has been with me on the last visit trip, and she saw this first hand.




NOT EVEN CLOSE.


First of all... Susana met us on the sidewalk. We didn't expect that, so it threw us for a loop. THEN... when they opened the gate, I think Sara was expecting to see Jane only. So... when she saw all of us standing there... instead of the big grin and her hands flying to her mouth... she turned and ran away!!!! (Seriously... I never even got her photo... NOTHING!!!)





It wasn't long until I figured it out. She came running back with her bags packed and she was ready to GO!



As you can see from the photos I have... she was no where to be found. I think she ran from person to person saying good-bye, and I only saw her in Susana's office when we met to go over paperwork.




She was ready to go. That is for sure.






These are a few of my favorite photos from the hogar... with some of the children that WE TRULY LOVE! We are praying for these families and these children... that their cases move along so that they can all come home SOON!!!
(PS... I have not posted any of the small babies that I have, because I did not ask permission... but I sent them on to their parents. If anyone else knows of one I need to take... please email or leave a comment!!! ASAP!)


1 comment:

Jodi said...

You mean she didn't know you all were coming????? I did not know that! WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE! I can't imagine what went through that babies mind when she saw all of you all standing there. I am surprised that instead of running of she didn't just fall over! What a joyous day!
Dolly