Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Little Man..."Tiny Tim"

Someone once told me that there is just a difference with little boys. "They smell different, they play different, they love you different...it's just different." That was her answer when I asked what she meant.

I have to say... little boys are different.

Let me tell you about my little guy...he is 100% total sweetness. He reminds me quite often that he is Mommy's Little Man. He loves to tell me that when Tim is around - with a very impish grin - but is quick to tell me (when Tim is not around) that he is Daddy's boy, too. Along with being sweet... he is tough as nails.






Monday was another beautiful day (we live in Kentucky...today was frigid and it is currently snowing). After being at the office for most of the day - we hurried home to fly a kite. It was the perfect day for kite flying. McCaleb was completely enthralled with trying to do a little bit of everything, drive the truck, dig in the dirt, fly the kite, play kick ball.... I tried to get him to leave the ball up on the deck. But there is just too much temptation when you have wide open spaces to rip and run. So after about 5 seconds... the ball went up under the deck. BOY! Was he sad!





He cried over the loss of that ball... and then he mustered up all his courage - and shimmied under there after it. He cracked his head on the decking... I could hear him crying... and still he brought that ball out - tears and all. It was then that he informed me he had to go back.








"Why?" I asked.

"They is more balls under there. I get Daddy to get them with me..."

So, once Tim got home... they "suited up" and back under the deck he went. (Much braver this time - because Daddy was with him.)













After it was all over and done, he was one happy camper. He took the balls inside, he wanted to sleep with them last night - he even tried to get them in bed again tonight. But he was out and back to kite flying in a matter of minutes - loving on his Daddy.







He is the sweetest boy.

7 comments:

Krystal said...

awwww - those pics of poor little McC are so sad! I am so glad that he got to go on the ball rescue mission though -- a boy needs his toys!!!

JuJu - said...

love this post - you are such a MOM-I hope I get to meet you one day!
My three boys walk around with my heart in their hands and they don't even realize it:)

To Boys!

Julia:)

Kelli said...

Great pics!!!! Boys are so sweet!!! Kaleb makes me melt quite often. Balls are a big deal too!!! Our house is covered with them. I hope that we will be able to get together once it warms up.

Sara said...

For kids, the little things are such BIG things! I loved his big smile once he got that ball out...like it was such satisfaction. He is such a handsome little guy:)

Katie said...

Love the last picture -- so handsome !!

Jana said...

Jennifer:

These photos are FANTASTIC!! They truly show McCaleb's sweet spirit and a little boy's determination. I'm with you .... gotta love those boys!

jana

Angie said...

I LOVE the pic of Tim and McCaleb looking up. Priceless.