Monday, August 06, 2007

We Finally Meet....!

Karen receiving Abbie! What a blessing!!!





Sara and Papa









Lucas after I sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him! He is a charmer!!!!





Gerson and Elviz














Karly has the most beautiful eyes!









Maria







Maria is a DOLL!!!!!













Gerson and Elviz


























Gerson is a HAM!!!!!

















Isabella... right before I made her cry!
























Sara... so sweet.

































During their English lessons... Ruth is in front.



Against my better judgement i post bathing suit shots...




























































































Queen of the REMOTE CONTROL




























There are many things that I could tell you about this journey - but none of them could have prepared my heart for the first time we saw Sara. You never really know how a child is going to react...if they are going to reject one parent or the other... if they will be resistant... these children have all been through so much in their tiny little lives... more than we can ever comprehend. But adopting an older child also holds with it so many things that keep us worried and concerned. We both really had no idea for how Sara would react. Roberto came and took us to the hogar... and we arrived to the rear gated area. It just so happens that this is where they have classes... so they all knew that we were there as soon as the gates slid open. Sara and one of the nannies peeked out the door... and she immediately threw her hands up to her mouth and gasped. I saw her say "It's Papa!" Tim was sitting up front with Roberto... and right on her side of the car. She came outside with the nanny... hands still up to her mouth... and when Tim got out of the car, she literally threw her arms around his neck and DID NOT LET GO. I was in tears... and naturally didn't get the first picture of it. We went inside the hogar to meet the other children... and Sara took Tim by the hand and they were GONE. I didn't see them again for a long time. Naturally, Tim also had the camera... so I got a tour of the home, I got to hold, hug and kiss every single child I could get my hands on... I sang Happy Birthday to Lucas...I watched them do their lessons... and I finally found Tim and Sara. She had taken him on a whirl wind tour of the place. She took me to her room, showed me her bed and her purse...still full of pictures that the kids had sent to her and the photo albums we had made for her. She did let me get a few, albeit brief photos of her friends, and a little video of them. She also decided at this point that I was OK to hug and kiss... and let go of Tim. She then pointed me in the chest and announced "My Mama." It was very sweet... and I know it has to be very hard for her. By that time she was ready to leave. She started to hand me all my things to let me know that she was ready to GO. So she took Tim by the hand, announced it was time to go - and bid her friends farewell! It was hilarious!!! Then she made me and Tim sit in the backseat of the car, because she wanted to ride up front. This girl knows what she wants, and has really kept us in stitches. She came to the room, began to draw pictures immediately, and wanted to watch Television. Bless her heart... she really just likes to change channels. She hasn't left it in one spot for more than 5 minutes - ever. It's pretty funny. I don't care, as long as the people have their clothes on. ;) She figured it out pretty fast... because if she sees something that I won't like... she says... "NO!" and immediately changes the channel. After a bit - we went to the pool area, had lunch and went for a swim. She is like Rachel - NO FEAR AT ALL. I had to make her put on swimmies because she wants to do it all herself! After about an hour in the pool, she was ready to come back to the room... and asked to watch a movie and color. If life was always so simple...

For those of you hoping for more pictures of your children, I am so sorry! I promise you that I did the best I could while trying to keep up with a 7 year old on a mission! I'll do better on Wednesday!
Oh - and we just so happened to be in the LOBBY when Karen was there to received Abbie. It was so sweet - and something we have all been praying for for quite a while.

(TD... the bikini shots are especially for YOU!)

Ali, Rachel and McCaleb,

Sara has asked about you all 100 times already. She didn't understand that you couldn't come to Guatemala, and was very sad about it. I felt really sad for her. She was really looking forward to seeing you - but I told her that next time we come... you will be with us! She loves to swim... and will LOVE to play with you all. She is very sweet - and loves to draw and color. She likes to have her fingernails and toenails painted, too! She really likes to watch TV...I bet she will like to watch TV with you all. We will have to have Family Fun Night as soon as she gets home. Ali - I hope that you have fun tonight at school! Please tell your teacher that Mommy and Daddy are sorry we missed it. We are so proud of you! We love all of you and miss you bunches! Love, Mommy, Daddy and Sara

10 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh Jennifer...I am so excited for you ...I have been checking your blog all day waiting to see your pictures...You have me in tears...how beautiful... when Sara says "My Papa"...I will continue to keep your entire family in my prayers.
Love, Ruth

Jane said...

Jennifer,
OK - you have me in TEARS!! I am so happy for Sara! I just knew she would melt right into her MaMa and PaPa. She has been waiting for this moment for so long and now it's finally here turn! I only wish I was there to see the look on her face and see her enjoying it all. I'm going to pray that child HOME!

Have a GREAT VISIT!
Jane

Cynthia said...

Yeah!!! She seems so happy!! What a great day! I expect pictures every day......thank you!

Kim said...

How exciting!!! What a wonderful day you had. I love the pictures. (and the pool shots are just fine) I'm glad your day went better than you expected!!!

Farrah said...

It brought tears to my eyes when I read about her with Tim...IT is so sweet and I'm so hoping your stay in PGN is short...

Krystal said...

OK, you know how I feel - my heart is melted!
Love,
Krystal

Krystal said...

Oh, one more thing -- you saw Cinthya (who we love so much for working so hard to get Brayden home)!

jajbs said...

Oh, I am crying so hard right now. You all are so beautiful. I am so gald you are spending time with her. Thanks for the pics of my Bella!


Amanda

Jana said...

YEAH!!! She's SO beautiful ... HOW are you going to manage coming home without her?!?! I know it's surreal, seeing her in person and I'm so very happy that she is opening her heart to both you and Tim -- what a wonderful blessing. Enjoy your visit and remember that she'll be home soon, where she belongs!

love to you!

jana

Candy said...

OH Jen I am crying so much HOW AWESOME...OMG I can only imagine that feeling of getting to see her and hug and Kiss her for the first time...she sounds like a HOOT!..Can't wait to see more pictures you and Krystel are making me want to JUMP on that older child adoption right now!