Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The End of Day One...

Our Budding Photographer...












Brushing teeth with Daddy... she likes to call him Pop, Papa and (my favorite) Poppy!!! Right after this they began giggling... and you can imagine the mess...
















Ah... she sleeps. So very sweet.



















I think we wore her out. She slept soundly all night long.




Last night we decided to go for a walk around the block. We were going to go to the shopping mall... but it was during rush hour (which, if you can imagine total chaos times 2... that's about it). MOM opted out of crossing the four lanes of traffic with the little girl that only understands about 1/2 of what we say... and instead we went to McDonalds for dinner. (For those of you that know me well... this was truly a gift of LOVE on my part...I will do most anything to AVOID eating at McDonalds.) This McDonalds comes equipped with a okay area... so once Sara was done eating... she kept saying "Play...play...play". She and Tim went in to the play area - and when I got there she was playing in a little house with the wooden beads on the wires... and I was again sad that we didn't have the kids with us. She would have had a blast with them. I know that this is really good and important time for us to bond... but she loves to play and loves to giggle... and she has this really great laugh. People at the pool were stopping to watch her - and just listen to her laugh. THEN, this amazing little curly headed boy (CUTE AS A BUTTON) began to entice her into a game of SNEAK. They played for about 30 minutes. I was THEN sad I didn't have my camera with me. They had a blast... and she giggled more and more all the time! She would sneak up one of the slides... and he would be hiding at the top somewhere...and when they would meet it went from total silence into a cacophony of giggles and screams of delight. So very cute!! She hated it when we had to leave. I hated it for her. But we came back to the room, she took a bath, brushed her teeth with Papa... and then we watched "Robin Hood" (in Spanish) on the Disney Channel. (By the way... it wasn't Roger Miller's voice this time singing Oo-Da-Lally... but it was still good.) After the movie - it was almost 8... which she told us was her bedtime... so we tucked her in, told her good night and dimmed the lights. She lifted her head once to see what I was doing... but I just said "Night Night Sara" and she was out in 4 minutes. Isn't she a hoot? Check out where she put her McDonalds toy...I could see the girls doing the same thing.
This morning she got up and got her pencil box and began to color quietly...so very content.

Today we are having Josh and Kacie Goe from Lexington, come over for a visit. They are here as missionaries working to start a new Children's Home (hogar) in association with Adopt Inc! They have two little girls, 1 and 3. You can read about them HERE. Please keep them in your prayers. We hope to have a wonderful time! We will try and post more later in the day!

Ali, Rachel and McCaleb,
How are you all??? Having fun??? We miss you so much! Sara loves to play... and she has watched the video that you all made for her. She decided to take pictures last night. The ones of me and Daddy here, Sara took! She's very funny... and she really likes to do new things. She will really need your help when she gets to come home... she still has many new words to learn! I am so proud of you all! And I miss you very much! Ali - how was school last night?? Are you getting ready to go? Have you been practicing your ABC's? Rachel...I met a little boy yesterday that is YOUR AGE. He is Brayden and Parker's big brother. HE LOVES TO PLAY!! McCaleb... are you giving all my loving away to Miss Shelby? You better be saving some hugs for Mommy. I miss all three of you so much! See you in 2 more days! Love, Mommy, Daddy and Sara

2 comments:

Cherri said...

She is so precious!! You definitely don't have to worry about bonding. I can't wait till you bring her home so I can meet her. Enjoy your time with her!

Krystal said...

Good call on not going to the mall, Jen! The traffic right there is a mess!!!

OK, I'm not sure if you've ever heard me say it, but Michael is "Papi" (Poppy), so that is also my fav :) I am cracking up at the pic of Tim with the lamb on his shoulder!!!

Sara also looks so big in the pics b/c she is older than the the other kiddos -- but she looks so, so tiny in that big bed! What a sweet picture :)