Sunday, August 05, 2007

Here We Are...Again











Greetings, from Guatemala City! It was a very fast and uneventful trip... it could be compounded by the fact that there were no little ones around to keep up with, watch over, field questions from... and just generally keep me busy. I actually watched the in-flight movie... the WHOLE THING. Tim took several little cat-naps... BEFORE takeoff. I might have complained, but the very LARGE gentleman seated next to Tim was also dozing... so I just read SKY magazine. ;) (By the way - Mom... for $15.99 you can order these miracle bunion fixers. I think we might need to invest in a few of those. I mean, for $15.99... it could be the miracle cure!!!) My heart aches for my little ones... and I can tell you that I got pretty misty eyed a few times already just knowing that they weren't with me.

When we arrived - we weren't sure what to expect. We had emailed our dear friend, Hugo last week - but we hadn't heard from him. So on Friday I emailed the hotel that we needed a shuttle sent to the airport. Well... as our luck would have it - the shuttle left just minutes before we arrived and the "spot" for the Marriott!!! Tim and I had both said that we were worried that maybe Hugo wasn't well... it is so unlike him to NOT answer our emails. We quickly found some friends to visit with while waiting for the next shuttle. Tim was talking up a storm... and I was people watching. I was just about to turn and tell Tim to check out the gentleman in the Hi-Tech blue dress shirt walking towards us... when I realized it was HUGO! I screamed and ran out into the street to hug him! He has been such a blessing to us since the first time we met him! Apparently he had not checked his email until last night. He saw my email... but since it is JennSchu@aol... he almost deleted it. He says you never know what you are going to get... but something told him to open it. He did... and he knew it was already too late to get in touch with us, so he decided that after church, he would drive over to the airport, and if it was God's will... he would find us. For those of you that have never been to Guatemala City... you cannot imagine the mass chaos that is waiting at the end of the terminal where the taxi line is. It is unbelievable! He parked in the parking garage and walked out onto the sidewalk, and turned around... and we saw each other! God is so good! I can't imagine going through one of our adoption journeys without Hugo by our side! He has been such a gift to us - and this is just one more way that God has shown us that He can do ALL THINGS.

The hotel is gorgeous... the pool is spectacular... and it was pouring down rain 15 minutes after we arrived. :( Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny and bright! We go to meet Sara at about 10am... and we are so looking forward to it.

Ali, Rachel and McCaleb... do you know how much we love you and miss you??? We are so glad that you are having such a good time! Did you have a good Bible Study this morning with Mamoo and Papoo? I am so glad that it was pretty and you were able to SWIM!!! We will take lots and lots of pictures for you. Please remember that we love you... and miss you SOOOOO MUCH!!! Look at the picture of Daddy fixing the computer! There is a monkey on the TV! I know you'll be very good... but also have a lot of fun. Love, Mommy and Daddy

7 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you had safe travels! I'm sure you're excited to see Sara tomorrow!!!

Krystal said...

Wow - what an awesome story about Hugo!!!!

I am cracking up at your pics b/c I know this is probably more rest and relaxation than you guys have had in a long time - hahahaha! It must feel so weird to be without your babies, but TRY to enjoy yourselves!

I'm not sure how to describe all of the emotions that I am feeling tonight just thinking about you guys meeting Sara tomorrow! Yes, of course I am thrilled that you get to meet Gerson & Elviz. . . but I am tell you, there is just something so special about you guys finally meeting this little girl who has been in your hearts for so long now. I cannot wait to see the pics and to read about it!!!!!!!

Jana said...

I don't know why I forgot to ask if you were going to blog while there -- YEAH!!! We won't miss a thing:). I love the monkey on the TV -- too funny.

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see photos of you all together. Post a pic of Hugo, too. I feel like I know him!

Best of luck -- you're in my prayers.

jana

jajbs said...

Can't wait to see pics of you with that beautiful girl of yours! Enjoy your time with her!


Amanda

Jane said...

I'm so excited you are there and so excited you are blogging while you are there! Give my kiddos some loving for me when you see them!

Tell Sara.... MaMa de Karla y Joselino (Lucas) says HOLA!!

I bet Sara is going to love the pacina (pool)!

Keep us posted!
Jane

Candy said...

OMG I think your HUGO is probally my HUGO...he was my driver all last year and een took us to the embassy at the end...and we totally LOVE him...He drives a nice van and has curly hair...PLEASE give him a big ole hug from Candy, Shawn and Kya Blu...I am so excited you are there to visit Sara and can't wait to see pics of it all...Oh I miss the Marriott

Anonymous said...

Hi,
just stumbled across your blog - and love it!
Hope you are having a great time in beautiful Guate. I lived there (in Huehue, in fact) for a year as an exchange student, and I loved it!
Hope you can bring Sara home really soon...
Maybe one day I will adopt a little Chapin(a) as well - but right now that ist not allowed here in Germany.
Love
Dagmar