Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The End of the Day...






After the Goe's left tonight... it was very quiet. The kind of quiet like at home when the kids are gone with Tim and I have to call a few times to check on everyone... because it's just TOO quiet. I had already noticed that Sara had seemed a little quiet too today, off and on. But we ordered a Pizza, sat on the bed and had a picnic... and colored some more pictures. Sara wanted to channel-surf...and then she had the biggest giggle-fit I have EVER HEARD. Even from Ali and Rachel combined. She got tickled over everything and anything. I was lucky enough to have the video camera on - and got the whole thing on tape. It was really cute! She snorts, by the way. ;)

Then it was bedtime. We hugged her tight, I tucked her in bed... and when I turned back around to hand her "sheep" to her... she was crying. Tim had gone to shower... so he missed the whole thing. At first the tears began to fall slowly... but then they came out full force, sobs and all. It was so heart breaking. I climbed up beside her and just held her - telling her over and over again that it was going to be OK. I told her we were coming back, that she WAS going to be coming home... and that we loved her. Over and over and over. I really don't know how much she "gets" of what I am saying... but I just knew that she needed to hear it - even if she can't understand it. This is the hard part... leaving. It was horrible when we did it with Ali and Rachel... but they were so much younger. I think for them - they were relieved to be going back to their "routines". For us it was difficult. NOW, for Sara - she knows... she understands... and she is scared. There is so much that we don't know about her life before last year. There are things we will never know. But to see a child that had no spark in her eyes... turn into this bundle of love and happiness... it makes your heart absolutely SOAR. How can we ever thank those of you that have had such a huge impact on our lives - and have supported us with your love, your prayers and your gifts? There are no words. But as I held her tonight until she fell asleep - I was reminded that God has answered all of our prayers. I prayed that He would open her heart to love us - and He did. I prayed that He would find a way to help us get here this summer - and again He did. And finally I prayed that He would begin to heal her hurts... and I think that He has. I know that us leaving her tomorrow will be so painful. But I also know that this trip and this time was so vital to her... and I am so thankful to all of you that helped us make it here! Thank you - from both of us... but mostly for Sara. She need to know that she is loved, wanted, cared for and needed. Thank you for helping us show her that love.

7 comments:

Krystal said...

Maybe she didn't understand your words last night, but she will remember that feeling!

We love you guys, and we are praying for you today.

We have all seen Sara's eyes change over the past few months -- but I tell you the truth, when I looked at the pictures before I read your post, I thought to myself that she looks like a totally different child just since Monday's pictures! Her eyes and her smile tell me that she KNOWS!

(((HUGS)))
Krystal

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious, and tear jerking. I just want to cry. I just don't how you can leave, but I know you'll have the strength you need. We'll have to start the prayers for a speedy process to get her home quickly!

Anonymous said...

ps--anonymous is us! Chuck, jamie & Briana!

Cynthia said...

What a trip you have had! She is just precious.....and so loving! I don't know if Tim will be able to go to work without her once she finally gets home!!! He might have a very young "tech in training" on his hands!!!

May God continue to watch over you all on your journey home and take care of Sarah until she is in your arms again.

Kim said...

I hope that today went better than you expected. I'll continue to pray tha God will comfort Sara and help her understand that this time it's different - that you guys love her and will come back for her.

I also pray that you guys have safe travels.

Jana said...

Bless her heart! I know it's going to be difficult, but knowing that she wants to come home, is ready to embrace her family, and will miss you when you have to leave ... that too is a blessing. Just remember what a homecoming it will be!!

jana

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

She loves you and she knows that you love her. You can see it in her smile and eyes. I am praying for you guys.