Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Hard Day At Work...






For those of you that don't know... I still do actually work for Tim. But on those days when I'm not "working"... and in between my bon-bon eating and Soap Opera Watching (...ahem.. Jamie....) I actually stay relatively busy. (Go figure...) Between the mowing, the kids, the dogs, the house, the horses, the rabbit, the Youth Group, the Sunday School lessons - and trying to actually attach the arms of the sweater to the body of the sweater I am knitting... my time is pretty well spent. So this summer, when the girls quit taking naps --- it was a bittersweet ending. Nap time was when I had my Quiet Time and Bible Study. Now instead... the girls have started their own Homework regiment. THEY LOVE IT. I was really surprised... and it amazes me who is better at one task, and who is better at another. They always manage to prove me wrong... but they never cease to amaze me! So while McCaleb is crashed upstairs (photo attached), the girls and I are at the kitchen table with our KUMON workbooks to learn tracing, mazes, cutting and letters. I wanted to send you some pictures of them at these tasks... and also of Ali after "A Hard Day At Work". For those of you that know the ups and downs that we have had adjusting... you will know that there has only been ONE other occasion that Ali has fallen asleep on the floor just because she was tired. Maybe this shows a corner turned in her life. We hope she is really beginning to feel safe and comfortable here at home - and I'm taking this as a good sign! It was an amazing sight to behold - and brought tears to my eyes... and I totally treasure the drool spot on my pillow! As I said... they never cease to amaze me!

No comments: