Thursday, July 05, 2007

Angels Among Us

"Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of
heaven Blossomed the forget-me-nots of the angels."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 1849 ...






































































In the adoption community - there are many angels. There are the ones that support you and encourage you along the way. There are those that join in the journey of adoption themselves - and begin to understand the unfathomable experience that is adoption. There are also those going through the experience along with you. While we all know from past experience that it will get better...those angels will experience with you the incredible portion of the journey I like to call "THE WAIT".
This past Sunday, I received a blessing from one of my "angels" currently in THE WAIT with us - Krystal.
When Tim and I began our journey to parenthood in 2002, my use of the computer was basically for making documents and using email. I did very little on the computer aside from those two things. Now, however there are Yahoo groups, chat rooms, blogs galore... and many other avenues in which to saturate yourself in the world of adoption. I'm still a true novice. As you can see from our blog - I have YET to figure out how to post any links, or add a place to make "donations" towards Sara's adoption fund. So when it comes to finding new things... I often rely on my computer savvy friends to point me in the right direction. ;)
This past Sunday, Krystal began filling me in on a new "angel" in her email world... that would soon become a new "angel" in mine. This angel has not only met our Sara but she has spent time with her on more than one occasion. Even more exciting for us... her daughter (who came home in February this year) lived in the same hogar that Sara is in now, and they were friends. Even better still...she began to forward pictures to us, some all the way back to June of last year... but as recently as April of this year. If you can see the date... it was the day AFTER my birthday! And finally to top it all off - she will be traveling to Guatemala in 10 days... and is going to take a package to Sara for our family! What a blessing... what a special gift.
These are the angels that we don't expect to find along the way... but they have been through the journey themselves, and know that value and importance of letting our children know that they are already loved, already wanted... and very much longed for!
The pictures speak for themselves. Sara looks like such a happy girl, who loves the camera. She'll fit in nicely with our crew - that's for sure!
Thank you to my special angels, Krystal and Jane. You've given me such a lift in spirits this week - and such a wonderful gift! God Bless You both!

6 comments:

Jana said...

She's such a BEAUTIFUL little girl!! I can't wait for her to join your loving family. What a wonderful gift these photos are and how very happy she looks!

love to you, Jennifer!

jana

jajbs said...

Your daughter is beautiful! My Bella is in the hogar there, as well. I will be there next week with Jane and am going to try to meet your precious angel. Thanks for the encourgaing e-mail you sent me. This has truly been a nightmare for us. I look forward to reading about your journey.

Amanda

Farrah said...

Oh my gosh all the kiddo's are so cute...I want the one in the pink skirt..How adorable is that little girl. Your baby is beautiful!

Jane said...

While I don't feel like an Angel, I'm glad I was able to play that role for you. As an adoptive parent I totally understand the emotions and how much a simple picture can make your day. I can't wait to see Sara really soon and give her a big hug from her MOM in the United States. I'm so happy for her that she has found a family! I'll send you pictures from Guatemala.

Jane

Ruth said...

Sara is a doll. I can't wait for her to come home to her forever family. You are an inspiration and a wonderful mother. You will all be so blessed when you are together.
Love,
Ruth

Crystal said...

Thank you Jennifer for being so such an angel to me!!! You are the sweetest!!! I have been following your journey I just usually have Sophie in my arms and don't leave a comment! Sara is sooo beautiful and I cannot wait unitl I see her with your whole family!!!! I can't wait to see what the coming months bring!!! hugs to you Jennifer!!!

Thank you so much for your comments--you are so wise when you said it is all about faith --I felt like that was God speaking to me thru you telling me hang on and trust him!!! Thank you !!!!! xoxoxo