Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mommy's Little Bunnies










































































































Easter just didn't seem like Easter this year... I don't remember wearing a PARKA on Easter Sunday growing up. WHAT HAPPENED? Our Good Friday service at church... there was a blizzard blowing in the front doors with each person that came through them! Oh my! It's true... ONLY in Kentucky can we have a string of 80 degree days early in the week, and snow by the weekend.
At any rate, the Easter Bunny is such a good guy. Fortunately we are BUNNY FRIENDLY here in our home... so he left my babies some cute little prizes on Easter morning.
Here they are with some of their stash...in all of their Easter cuteness... and then later in the day all snuggled in our laps. They are so much fun. I was told recently that some day I would get my "reward" for having such a big heart and opening it to these beautiful children. I thought about that a lot that day - and then later that night...and I think that they were wrong. I think that right NOW I am already getting my reward... getting to watch my children grow and blossom into these incredible little people right before my eyes. It's a miracle in the making each and every day!
We talked about the Easter Story... and about what it really means. They know so much... and retain so much... they are so amazing.
Easter is such a special time... a time to remember the gift that God gave to each of us in His Son. To love - even me - enough to send Him to suffer and die a horrible death... so that I could have eternal life.
In light of this special season... I feel the need to share some of the joys and burdens that are on my heart. (Shared sorrow halves the sorrow... shared joy doubles the joy...)
Burden
Please keep my precious friend Vickey Burberry in your prayers - and her husband Tommy. Vickey has cancer and has not been feeling well at all the past few weeks. Tommy's mother passed away last Monday, and I know that many of you are already praying for them... but please hold them extra close to your heart right now.
Blessing
My friends Tim and Shannon gave birth to a PRECIOUS baby girl named Lilly! She is adorable...I've held her... I've fed her... did I mention that she is adorable??? By the way... this is Mike and Brenda's 5th grand baby...wooooo hoooo!!!!!
Burden
Brody Evans (Miss Lillie's great grandson) is a very sick baby. He is the baby that was so premature a few years ago... he is already a miracle! Christy is the girl that had cancer... and bless their hearts this family has been through some tough times. Please pray for Brody.
Blessing
For any of you know that Shelby, one of our baby-sitter's who is one of our youth from church... and is just an overall beautiful and precious girl... was very very sick with meningitis this year. We almost lost her...and this was the 3rd major incident in a year's time. She has had all her tests repeated at the Children's Hospital in Louisville... and those were even sent to Atlanta. They all came back good. She is fine...what a miracle! God must have a wonderful plan for Shelby's life. Please pray for Shelby that she will stay healthy and that God will lead her down the path that He has chosen for her precious life!
Burden
Brother Coots' family has so many things going on right now - I may not get them all...Vicky's sister Bonnie is very ill - cancer - and she was in ICU. Vicky's Dad is not feeling well, which has them all concerned. Bro. Coots himself has been sick for several weeks and still has more tests coming... and Bro. Coots' father Lowell had to be taken to the hospital today. Please keep this entire family in your prayers.
Blessing
Alex, my nephew, was baptized on Easter Sunday in Mississippi! What a blessing! He is a precious boy - with such a big heart. I know his Pop and Nini are so proud... and so am I.
Burden
Jodi has informed me that they are moving. So please pray for them as they begin this new journey... and that they will not be sad that they have to leave my boys here with me. :) I'll let them visit every weekend. ;) ha ha
Blessing
Jana and Mike received their LOA for Oakley this week! What a blessing!!! My heart was just about to burst for them! Waiting is so HARD... as all you adoptive parents know. Praise the Lord for this wonderful blessing. Incidentally... typically many LOA's arrive along with referrals, TA's etc. The ONLY document received in by their agency this week was Oakley's LOA. Coincidence....? I think NOT! God's Hand at work...I have cold chills just thinking about it. Pray for a speedy return for their TA so they can travel as quickly as possibly and get this precious baby home with her forever family!!
*****
OK all you Prayer Warriors out there...help me lift up these folks that are hurting and are in need right now. I know there are more that I have forgotten... these are just a few of the things that we have been burdened with the past couple of weeks. My heart aches for all these people...
Happy Easter - God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Oh, these are some sweet little bunnies!! I will be praying for these burdens.