Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's a McWonderful Life with McCaleb!
















I almost cannot believe that it's been a year... however, on Sunday April 23, 2006 we met our little boy for the first time... and life has been full speed ahead ever since!


He is a doll... he is a charmer... he has us all wrapped around his chubby little fingers... and he KNOWS it. But oh, what fun we've had. I cannot remember life without him. And who would want to? He lights up a room with his smile... and his laughter... and his quirky personality. He has been such a blessing to our lives.

I feel so blessed and honored to be his mother.

I was reading my journal that I took to Guatemala. I wrote so many things to him the day before they brought him to us. I had been filled with such wonder and amazement looking back at the journey and struggles that we had with the girls' adoption... and in finding our way as their parents. The part that struck me as the most poignant:

"I wonder what you understand - and if you're going to be sad. I've been through that before, and it makes me sad too. But your big sister has taught me so many things - and the biggest one is that we will make it. No matter how hard it is. For some reason, God gave me the gift of parenting toddlers.. and WHY? I don't know. It's painful, it's hard, it breaks your heart... but the rewards...


I can't think of a better word than amazing.

Today was the first time in 2 years, 2 months and 18 days that I have held your big sister until she has slept in my arms. The last time was the flight home for her. Healing is hard, Little One. For all of us. It takes time, consistency and love. But it will happen. Ali has shown me that again today. She is a miracle. She is a gift. She is my answer from God that YES... HE is in control. So when you get sad - or when I do - we can just look at our own miracles, Ali and Rachel and know that He is in control."

McCaleb was a little sad... and he was a little shy. He held on fiercely to his Mama for several weeks. But he has been an amazing child to behold. His joy is contagious... his laughter like music. He is truly a precious and amazing child. He is also very caring and compassionate. We are so blessed... and we cherish each and every day of this wonderful journey with our children!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Oh, this boy is so adorable! I love all of the pics, but the last 2 are just so sweet!