Friday, December 21, 2007

It Takes a Village...



OK. I spend so much time talking about my family... and don't get me wrong... they are the light of my life and the apple of my eye.

However, we have an extended family that is a very big part of our lives. That is the family that makes up Hi-Tech Enterprises... Tim's official first "baby". Tim started Hi-Tech in 1986, and while he won't make a big deal about it... I think it is a very big deal. It is how we make our living, how we pay our bills, how we have managed to afford to adopt our children, and it has allowed me the opportunity to be as much of a Stay-At-Home-Mom as you can be when you own your own business. (This basically means that when I go to work, the children go with me.) If I am there the kids are there with me... and they have their own area to play, with toys, a TV and yes, some old phones. They spend a lot of time on the "phone" with their own version of playing Hi-Tech... or they play their other favorite game "Honey and Tim". I won't tell you who Honey is... but I can tell you... she sure does talk a lot. ;)
OK, so back to Hi-Tech. This year instead of doing the Christmas Dinner out... I wanted to get the families together. So, I opted for a Pizza Party on the Friday before Christmas - at our office. It was really fun! We got to get everyone together... which is a huge feat since we have some people that work in the mornings, and some in the afternoons. I wasn't aware that a few of our staff people hadn't even met one another. It was really nice to get everyone together - and be able to say THANK YOU to them and their families for all that they do for US!

Like I said... it takes a village... and we know that we are only as good as the people that we have working with us each and every day. I think that we have a really wonderful team in place... and Tim and I both feel very blessed to have each person working at Hi-Tech. It's a wonderful thing to have a team that works well together - and still has fun. So here is the other part of our family - the family at Hi-Tech Enterprises!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys have a great work environment!

Kelli said...

Very cool!!! What exactly is Hi Tech? Hopefully we can all get together in the very near future!!!

bbueker said...

Most of you do not know me but I was once an employee of Hi-Tech and one of the best, if not the best cable installer you will ever know(right Tim)? And even though all the men in the photo are handsome, I must say "I am the hottest Hi-Tech employee ever":)To those of you that do know me, I love you all and miss you dearly!