Friday, September 21, 2007

Slip Slidin' Away....




























































































I think that one of my friends Sig, posted recently that the end of summer was here - and she was sad. I didn't really think of it at the time... because I always look forward to the leaves changing... and the seasons. But then I began to think of all the fun that we have had this summer... and I did get sad. Where does the time go??? We love being outside... we love to play and get dirty and have fun... WATER PLAY is very big here at the Hanks House. I personally like to be in charge of the water hose...but little McCaleb is quite the sneak... and I have taught him some very bad habits. Here are a few of our recent pictures. I was sad that the digital camera didn't have any of Ali on the slip and slide... she is VERY good at it. She was sick the day Daddy took these photos...but I finally did find the roll of film of her diving off the diving board at Buddy's house... so hopefully I can get those posted soon! The dogs are enjoying the "cooler" weather that we have been having. Does anyone else think they look a little "rounder" than usual? OH! Please note the very distinguished dog in the far background... that would be JD. He turned 15 years old on the 8th fo this month. He is such a sweet dog... we love that fella.

And finally - my kids are the BEST. I have been so sick this past week... and they have been so helpful. Rachel LOVES to wash dishes (and nothing was broken) ...Ali weeded the entire flower bed on one side of the house... and McCaleb scooped up the yard - which is a full time JOB with 10 dogs around. He had help from Ali... but once she showed him the ropes, he could do it all by himself. The great thing about this boy - he loves to work... no matter what the task. Last week we picked up sticks in the yard... and he was carrying out branches that were 6 feet long. (This week we all suffered from the bug bites to prove our efforts, but they were very proud of themselves... and bragged on their hard work to their Daddy.) They helped feed the animals on the nights that Daddy was working late... and helped water and feed the horses. They are precious, sweet children that are easily entertained... and on weeks like this I am reminded how very blessed we are. They are all so sweet and kind.

I am sad to see summer leave. But I look forward to all that fall brings! I have a slew of photos from the Scott County FFA Show and Sale... and I hope to get those posted this weekend. In the meantime - enjoy this little snapshot of our summer fun... and stay tuned for more fun in the Fall!

(PS - and for those of you that know... we have these "free range" chickens that visit each day. I've told the kids... if you catch one, you can keep it. I have YET to get the daily chase on film. IF I DO... I will post it. It is hilarious!!!)

(OH! And one more PS...a very special cousin has a very special birthday this week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITH! It seems like just yesterday we were cruisin' downtown Louisville in the convertible Mustang... and watching you ride the unicycle...swimming at the Cross' house...those were fun times! Where does the time go?)

No comments: