Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Families That We LOVE...



























I am a homebody. It's really not a BAD thing... I'm just a momma bird that likes to be in her own nest... with all her birds in the nest with her. ;) So when we began to make plans to go and visit Sara back in August... I began to stress over what to do about the kids. McCaleb doesn't have a passport yet, so taking him to Guatemala with us was not an option. Do we take the girls and leave him home... do we take just Ali and leave the younger two children behind... or do they ALL stay home together? It was really a tough decision. But when the reality settled in that I would be leaving all my babies here... I knew exactly where they needed to stay. I called The Whitley's. Mom and Dad came over the first night we were away... and the rest of our trip they spent over at the Whitley's Farm... swimming, eating, playing, chasing goats, swimming more... and all in all having a WONDERFUL time. Leaving my babies is not easy for me... (see previous post) but knowing they were getting tons and tons of love and were keeping so busy they didn't have time to miss us made it easier. Plus they were with people that are so dear to us, and that truly love our children just as much as we do! The Whitleys , Rankins and Stampers are part of our family - and we love them all to pieces! We can't thank them enough for taking care of the things that are most precious to us! I only have a few photos from their visit with the Whitely's... but since virtually all of them involve the pool and bathing suits... and I have not asked permission from Shelby or Katrina to post THOSE... I will post pictures of the Whitley/Rankin/Stamper crews... along with our children at the recent FFA Show and Sale. These folks are our very dearest friends... and we are so honored to be a part of their lives! The FFA Show and Sale was a lot of fun. Rachel was all about the animals... she didn't want to leave. McCaleb just wanted to find Cory... he loves that Cory! And Ali... well... I will let the pictures speak for themselves. We all know what it is that she loves the most...or whom. ;)
(And PS... I didn't even post ALL of the photos!!!)

2 comments:

Angie said...

As you know, I usually don't post comments but I had to on this one. I just wanted to "second" everything you said about those familes for the ones who read this blog and might think you are just biased. Anyone who would meet them would fall in love with them immediately. I know we did and I really miss seeing them. I see "big" David and Kim quite a bit because they are at Toyota but I miss EVERYONE. You are very lucky they are in your life!

angie

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Looks like soooooo much fun!!!