Monday, September 03, 2007

Brayden's Big Day























































































































































































































OK... so Bounce "U" was on Saturday, August the 18th... and on Sunday the 19th we were invited to Brayden's Big Birthday Bash! He turned 2 years old (on the 22nd)... and is such a little sweetie pie! I love this boy. He has a smile that will melt your heart. Can you believe that this was the first Sunday in weeks that the temperature was not 90 degrees or above? The water in the pool was COLD. Since I was photographer... I obviously had to stay out of the water... ahem. But honestly, our kids had just as much fun playing with the other kids... swinging on the swing set and jumping on the trampoline. Jordan, as you can see, is very shy. :) She is a doll baby - and says that I can have this pink and brown bikini once she outgrows it. Isn't she sweet? And Tia's curls just fascinate me! She is so cute!!! There was another cootie at the party - and that is little Kaleb. He shares a birthday with McCaleb... so we had birthday boys everywhere! It was really fun to see them all together. Try as I might... I could NOT get a picture of Parker G that shows what incredible baby blues she has. She is just the cutest... but my pictures did not do those beautiful eyes justice! It was a wonderful day - we had a complete blast - they sure did put on a spread!

The process of adoption is one that cannot be explained or understood until you actually experience it. There is a bond that forms between families that take this journey together - and that bond is something that I still cannot explain. These families (The Maguires and the Pikes) travelled this path with us before - and they are travelling it with us yet again, each in the process of adopting again. Please continue to remember both families in your prayers. Adoption is such a leap of faith. You truly have to know that God is in control... and turn the rest over to Him. We all experience anxieties, moments of worry or just flat-out times of panic. It's such a blessing to have these great friends (and all those others out there...) to turn to for support, encouragement and just an ear to listen to a good "rant" from time to time. The Hanks Family is so blessed with so many wonderful friends!!!

OK - so when you look at these photos (and yes... I take and post too many - sorry) but check out some of these. First of all, my favorite is the last one. Everyone wanted a group photo. Everyone but Kaleb. He was playing with his balloon and didn't want to stop. He was so sad. Check out my kids... they are looking at him as if they have never seen someone cry. (yeah, RIGHT!) Then look at Jordan and Tia on the tramploine - I caught them in a few good jumps. But I LOVE the ones of Brayden with his cake... he loved playing with the icing. So very cute! And in the pool - the temperature did not phase him in the least. I felt sorry for Michael, that had to be in the pool... bless his heart. The things we do for our babies... ;)

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I love the pic of Tim giving Kaleb a bite of cake. Kaleb has been a wild man ever since he turned 2. Well actually it was before then. I don't know if you scrapbook but maybe you all, Krystal and the kids, and Cynthia and her girls can get together sometime. It may be hard to scrapbook with all the kids playing but nothing else we can just get together and they can all play and we can have some adult interaction. I am open for anything. I sent the 10 copies of our profiles to Texas and as soon as Tim gets the last 2 docs we will be baby ready.

Krystal said...

Fun times :) You got some great pics!

Candy said...

You know that I am GREEN with ENVY that you all get to hang out together... I want all of you to be my Neighbors....Hugs