Sunday, May 17, 2009

Some People That We Love...



I am often in awe of God and the way he works things out in our lives. I have found so many times that there are things that I find so coincidental at the time... and later I realize that God was working things out for my good all along. It's amazing.


Like friends - for example...



I have been blessed with a few friends in my life that I have had for a very long time. Tim has also been blessed with a few wonderful lifelong friends. My longest (I prefer not to use the term "oldest"... ha ha) and dearest friend and I met when I was 10 years old. Oddly enough, Tim's oldest and dearest friend (see... I don't care so much when talking about the guys... they age so well) also met when they were about 10.

Along the way - I'm sure that we all "planned" our lives out with what we felt was a suitable and very comfortable plan for how things should go.

Life is funny that way. Things just don't work out the way "we" want them to go... but they always work out according to God's good and perfect plan for our life.



Tim and I have traveled the road of adoption - and while initially we began this journey because we wanted to have a family... it has truly become a calling for us and a passion.


My best friend Cynthia has also traveled this same path, as her family was also formed through adoption - and has two beautiful girls that were born in China. It's something that I have not only been able to share with her on her journey, but I have honestly been able to relate to her about things that sometimes other people cannot inderstand. She has two fo the most precious girls... and Keegan and Romy are two of our very best friends!

A few years ago, Tim's best friend Allen and his wife decided that they also were going to adopt - and we were able to share in that amazing journey of watching Isabella come home. She has three older brothers that adore her - and she is such a sweet little girl!



In May (keep in mind how far behind I am...) Allen and the kids came over on a Sunday afternoon and ate with us, and we gave Isabella and Alex their first horseback rides! They had so much fun! Isabella got on Tony and immediately said "Yee Haw Horsie!!" It was precious! These are just a few pictures from the day.

No comments: