Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rachel's Recital



For Rachel's birthday last year - we gave her dance lessons. She has wanted to be a ballerina for a very long time. She LOVES her dance classes. She loves them so much that instead of walking through our house - she will instead



Chasse' her way from room to room - with a periodic Grand Jete'. As she is sitting in the house reading - she will have her legs split - reading up against the wall to strectch and work on her splits. (ouch) And getting dressed takes about 4 times as long as everyone else each morning, as we have to plie' and releve' about 50 times. My personal favorite - is watching her make her bed, whilst doing her balance' back and forth. Like I said... each task takes about 4 times as long.




Finally it rolled around to RECITAL TIME. Anyone that knows much about me - I am not a girlie girl. My favorite cothes are a pair of jeans... ask anyone that grew up with me. Dressing up was for church - and that was about it. Rachel is my girlie girl - and I was WAY out of my league with the whole recital thing. :) But...we managed.



You have no idea how much goes into each of these routines... as well as the performance. I was in awe of the shows that I have seen in the past... but WOW to be behind the scenes and to see what is involved....I have so much respect for all the dancers, teachers and the people that put all the work into the show.



Her dance routine was absolutely adorable - her class were all dressed up as brides and the song was "Get Me To The Church On Time." It was so sweet. She worked really hard - and they did a really good job.




The dance school does and excellent job with the girls - and it was a wonderful show. She had a blast... and we were all very proud of her!! She had quite the following...and it tickled her to death that so many people turned out to support her. (WHO had my camera and took pictures afterwards...? They cut Uncle Chuck out of the photo... and Rachel ADORES her Uncle Chuck!! oops.)
I think the entire show was fabulous - and while I would like to think that the performance that Rachel gave was the talk of the town... I think there were a few "sinlge ladies" that really stole the show. The last picture is for them - a little blurry ... but you get the idea. ;)

No comments: