Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Seventh Heaven!!!


My mind is still spinning when I think of it... but ALI IS NOW SEVEN YEARS OLD! I know... when did it happen?? Where did the time go?



I think back on the first time we saw her face. Those haunting eyes... so sad... almost a very old soul in a tiny little body. And then a year later, meeting her for the first time. Her little cherub face...and how she was so slow to warm up... and even harder to get her to dmile. I never realized at that time that she had an ounce of fat... but when you look back at pictures... she has these sweet little chubby cheeks. (I think they were always overshadowed by Rachel's much LARGER chubby cheeks...)



As much as Ali pushed me away those first few months... she also clung to me with a fierceness that took my breath away... and still does to this day.





Time has gone by so quickly. I sometimes don't know if things will ever slow down!!!



We really try to have a special day for each of the kids on their birthdays...and we let them choose what the activity will be. For Ali's day - she wanted to go to lunch at Ruby Tuesday. (Actually, she calls it Ruby's Tuesdays... and I include that so she and I never forget it.)




She also asked for a LEMON CAKE with YELLOW ICING. UGH!!! OK... let's just keep in mind that this is the child that always wants purple. Thank goodness I had ONE can of white icing on hand... and I was able to color it yellow and add flavoring to it to pass it off as lemon icing. (Read: sigh of relief!)



Ali also picked Poppy Chicken for dinner... she loves to eat and I honestly don't think I have ever cooked anything that she hasn't liked. She is very easy to please... and always willing to try new things. She helped with her cake... and she helped with dinner.




We had presents - which is always a big hit! Ali spent a lot of time reading each card sent to her, and the ones that her brother and sisters made for her. Her other big request for the day was that she was able to cut her own cake and serve everyone. That is her new big thing... she loves to set the table and serve food.




Ali has really matured so much this year!! You can't imagine the difference the past year has made. You can read more about it on the post prior to this... but suffice it to say that this year we have so much to be thankful for.



Ali had a wonderful day!





We celebrated a few days later with Mamoo, Papoo and Briana in Lexington. Daddy had to fly to Florida... so it was just Mommy and the kids. But we had lots of fun!



I can't believe how quickly time is going by... I am amazed and in awe of this precious, sweet child... and cannot wait to see what the next year has in store for her!



4 comments:

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday, Ali! You are a beautiful and precious girl! I love the PURPLE robe :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Ali!! What a blessing you are.. truly seventh heaven is the best title for this post!!

hello somebody said...

I just found your blog through a fellow Eagles Nest blogger and was blown away by your daughter. We adopted our daughter in Nov 2007 and she looks so similar to your daughter. She is gorgeous!! Anyways, just wanted to say hi and Happy B-day!
www.mommaof3littlemonkeys.blogspot.com

Angie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALI! She is gorgeous.