Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Birthday Girl

It hardly seems possible that Rachel can be 6 years old...I remember so well the day we received her referral photo when she was only four days old. Time has flown by... and she has changed right before my eyes.





Rachel's birthday seems to always SNEAK up on me - since it is the day after Halloween. There is always so much activity... and then just when I think it's time to kick back and relax... we are gearing back up the very next day for another big event.





Last year I finally felt like I hit one out of the park for Ali's birthday... so this year I wanted to try and do the same for Rachel. So I put on my thinking cap... and with a little help from her (see Halloween, or this post)... I decided that ballet lessons would be something that she might really enjoy.





She has been so committed to her dancing. I thought that after a while - the novelty would wear off and she would find something else that she would like. Nope... not Rachel. If she could be a ballerina every day of the week - she would be one happy camper.



On her birthday, Mamoo, Papoo, Aunt Jamie, Uncle Chuck and Briana came over to celebrate. We had a really fun time... and Mamoo made an adorable cake! She has really spoiled the kids (and their Mommy) this year with all her cake baking. (Although all my girls insist on baking their OWN cakes, too. Thank you, McCaleb for being content with tractors!)


We finished out the day with way too much food...presents...and cake... and ice cream... did I mention way too much food?




Then on Tuesday afternoon, after going to vote (it was Election Day - and Pop's birthday...) we headed out to Rachel's first ballet class. She was over the moon... almost impossible to be around all day long. I think she will really enjoy her classes, and I am glad that we have found something that she really enjoys. And if things couldn't get any better... on Wednesday a box was waiting on the porch for her from Dolly, Uncle Chad and the boys.





Since Rachel had been patient all week long - we broke out the cake mix and she baked herself a birthday cake. All on her own (except for the putting it in the oven, part) and then she decorated it, too. (Pictures on that another day...)





Life for a six-year-old girl couldn't get any better!




4 comments:

Linda Ashcraft said...

Such sweet pictures --- and both cakes look really yummy!!

Angie said...

Great pictures!!! Your family celebrations always look like so much fun!

Jenne said...

GReat Pics! Looks like she had a great birthday!

Cynthia said...

Ok, just simply can't stand it!!! What a cutie pie! I can't believe how big she is!!!