Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Answered Prayers

The first time Tim and I traveled to Guatemala to see Sara, I was met at the door by the most precious little boy that took my hand, and stole my heart. His name is Lucas... and if you have read much of my blog before, you've seen his sweet face dozens of times.


It was August of last year that I wrote about Lucas and the possibility that he would not be able to come home. His case had become very difficult... and given the state of Guatemala adoptions at that time... there was much uncertainty for Lucas. Never underestimate the power of prayer! So many people have prayed for this sweet little boy... and I am so excited to share that he will be flying HOME to Pennsylvania tomorrow morning!

This is truly an answer to many, many prayers!! I haven't been able to stop smiling and crying all week long. Thank you to everyone that prayed for Sweet Lucas. He is truly the sweetest little boy - so gentle and kind. As an added bonus... he will be coming home with his little brother Cooper! So my friend Jane will soon have her entire family in not only the same time zone... but under one roof! What an amazing blessing!


Here is one of my favorite pictures of Lucas the day he said goodbye to Sara at the hotel. Check out that sweet dimple!!! And another photo with his two little sisters that traveled with Mom and Dad to bring the boys home, Emma and Myah.



Three 3-year olds at the same time? Hang on tight Jane... the fun is just beginning! ;)


ONE MORE NOTE:

There are still two sweet boys in Guatemala that need our continued prayers! We need to pray that Gerson and Elviz' case gets moving... and that they are able to come home soon, too!

1 comment:

Jenny and Matt said...

I'm so glad to hear that Lucas made it to the US with his new family!


Your kids are beautiful. as always.