Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hello, My Friend!

In another life, I worked for a WONDERFUL State Farm Agent, Hilda Clifton. She also happens to be my mom... and we had some really great times. It was even more fun once my sister, Jamie was there. It seems like a lifetime ago.





It was working at the State Farm Office that I met one of my dearest friends, Bridget. The first day that she came to our office, I actually wasn't there. Bridget loves to tell this story... she says that Mom told her (and I completely believe this to be true...) that she sent me home to get a better attitude. If you've ever met my mother... you will know that this is absolutely something that my mother would do... and even moreso that I most likely deserved it. I love that lady! Tough love... but always love.





Anyhow... back to Bridget.





McCaleb loves Latitia!!!!

We became fast friends. We have had some of the most wonderful times... bless her heart... one of our first road trips we went to Mississippi to see Daddy. She wanted to start out driving. I don't know where the time went... it's a 7 hour drive... but "POOF" we were there. We talked, laughed, cried... it was the fastest trip to Mississippi ever! For kicks, since neither of us had been to Arkansas, we decided to drive across the bridge and buy souveniers just to say we had been there. :)




Bridget and Jennifer

When Bridget and I met, her daughter Latitia was TINY. She reminded me of Cyndi Lou Whoo from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. So tiny and so adorable! Now, Latitia is a 21 year old beauty, all grown up and even engaged.







We've been through a lot... that's for sure (Too much to mention here! :) ha)






On Saturday, Bridget and Gary were driving from their home in Michigan...passing through Kentucky on their way to her brother's in North Carolina... and stopped in for a visit. Latitia and her fiance Adam also came down from Northern Kentucky. It was so wonderful to get to see them! The last time I saw Bridget, was the first summer Ali and Rachel were home - when Latitia graduated from High School. The girls and I drove up to Michigan for a whirlwind trip. Since then we have added McCaleb and Sara! WOW!






The kids loved seeing Bridget and Gary... and as always they LOVED seeing Latitia. All the girls want to cut their hair like Latitia's... and McCaleb is just in love with her! Adam has a little competition there...







The kids were in awe of Bridget and Gary's bike. They were all ready to go with them! When they left, McCaleb had to get out his "motorcycle" so he could ride like Gary did! Such a sweet boy! He even let Rachel ride on back.





Gary and Bridget... it was so wonderful to have you all take the time out of your trip to visit us! We love you and miss you like crazy. We don't want to wait another three years before getting together again! Bridget, you should be so proud of your baby girl. She is such a blessing to everyone that knows her! She is a joy to be around. I hope that my babies grow up to be as wonderful a person that your Latitia Hope has turned out to be! We love you guys!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny and Family,
Thank you for your wonderful blog of our visit with you. Gary and I were more than thrilled to see all of you and most important meet Caleb and Sarah. We too love you all very much and no, not another 3years please:( Our trip was safe, fun and worth the entire 2300 miles. xoxoxoxo's to all the kids from Aunt Bridge and send my love to "mom" (who I dearly considered mine) and the sisters. And Jenny, if you EVER need someone to talk I am here always. God knows you were there for me day and night during my rought time 6 yeears ago and for that support I will always love you dearly.

Love, Bridge

Love always,