Monday, August 04, 2008

A Flair For Hair!


Last November, Aunt Jamie, Uncle Chuck and Briana bought Rachel a little tote for her birthday. Inside of the tote were dozens and dozens of clips, clasps, bows and pony tail holders, a brush and a mirror. Rachel was thrilled. At the time, all I could see where 500 pieces that would end up all over the house and inside of my vacuum cleaner. That little tote has proved to be the most entertaining purchase in a long time. At first, Rachel spent all her time "doing" other people's hair. (Insert "ouch" here.)

However, since Sara has been home, and she sees Sara trying to "do" her own hair... she has decided that she is big enough to take on "fixing" her hair all on her own.



She goes into the bathroom, pulls out the little footstool, and spends hours quietly working to perfect her new hairdo.

At first... she would just help put the clips in to hold back her bangs that are still growing out. But then she decided to get a little adventurous.


Now I have always been of the mindset that less is more. Rachel has other ideas. Here she is posing with her MORE IS MORE hairdo... she likes to call it the ANGEL HEADBAND.


She does look a little angelic... don't you think??

7 comments:

Sara said...

She is so cute! Girls and their hair:)

Thought of you last night -we watched a great family movie (very wholesome) and I bet you guys would like it too. It's called Nim's Island - check it out!

Linda Ashcraft said...

Heehee- we have a lot of that "more is more" mindset when it comes to hair around here, too. She's beautiful!

Kim said...

I think she looks great!!! Love the angel headband.

Angie said...

Oh my gosh I love it!!! Too cute!!!

Jodi said...

Yes, I remember when she bought that and I got those put in my hair as well....OUCH!!!! But I would not trade that time for anything.
She not only LOOKS angelic I am sure that she ACTS angelic as well!!!!
Love and MISS you all like crazy-
Jo/Dolly

Angie said...

I LOVE the angel headband! You gotta remember that after 3 boys, I'm gonna do the same thing to Isabella's hair too. Sometimes I put her hair into 4 or 5 ponytails at the same time. It's really cute! Also, you have been very busy with activities and the blogging. I'm kinda jealous--you all do alot of fun things. I'm glad everyone is well and happy.

Angie S.

Jenne said...

I think the angel headband is beautiful!!