Monday, November 19, 2007

Belated BOO To You!


Just a quick update of sorts...we got some new photos of Sara today. Our normally "tan couch" has been turned into a witch's lair...for some festive Halloween photos! I love it that Susana, our attorney, makes great efforts to get us such wonderful photos... and we get them almost like clock-work each month! All the parents here wait on pins and needles to see how they have the children "dressed up". It's really quite a "treat" for us... and it really does show us that they make great efforts there to make things fun and engaging for the children, too.

On a few other issues that I have failed to announce publicly...

The Rally's are HOME with their beautiful baby girl. I haven't gotten to meet her yet... but I hope that once the holidays are past... that we can schedule some time to get together with them. If Ruth will allow me... I will post a photo of her in the future. Thank you to everyone that prayed this family home!!!

As for Sweet Lucas... the judge ordered that he is to remain in the HOGAR where Sara is... and we are now awaiting his Abandonment Hearing. We are so thankful that he will be able to stay where he is... but we need to pray for a speedy hearing (in light of all the law changes...) and that his COA is issued QUICKLY!!! Thank you for everyone that emailed and asked about this.

As for the law in Guatemala and the possible passing of a "grandfather clause". This all looks very likely... but again... we still don't have the official word from the Guatemalan Congress. WE are so grateful to the many members of our Congress that took the time to listen to our voices and advocate for our children. A BIG SHOUT OUT TO JIM BUNNING AND BEN CHANDLER for being so responsive and supporting our family, and hundreds of others. (However....Mitch McConnell...I am sad to say did not support us. Anyone that would like to hear more about this... please feel free to contact me and I can give you an earful...or two. Or perhaps a POST for Mitch... along the lines of "Mitch McConnell is not my HERO"...) Please continue to pray over this. We have so many friends that are caught up in this turmoil... and we don't want to see any children left in limbo. I know that Sara will come home... we just had hoped for it to be sooner rather than later. But - for those of you that endured the 15-month WAIT to bring the girls home... we also know that things will happen in God's time. It's mostly just hard on those here waiting... so please say extra prayers for the families of all of the waiting children, as well.

Finally... our family is very THANKFUL for the many family and friends that we have that continue to love, support and encourage us. You have all been such a blessing to us!!
Joseph Addison once wrote: "Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy, and dividing our grief."
Thank you for traveling along with on on all of our journeys... and for helping us to double our joy!

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Beautiful Sara has cast a spell on all of us :) I cannot wait to hear good news about this girl!!

I soooooo enjoyed your little Mitch dig - I was VERY UNHAPPY that he did not sign the Congressional letters in support of in process families. Especially since SO MANY of us contacted him and specifically ask that he advocate for us and the children.

Congrats to the Rally family -- I was so happy to hear this good news!!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I love that picture. She looks so sweet!!! Can't wait to see her home with you. She will fit right in.

jajbs said...

She is beautiful, as always!! I am praying for all those waiting... I know God will intervene on the behalf of all of these children.

praying for ya!

amanda

Jodi said...

That is the cutest "witch" I have ever seen. I think she already has Dolly wrapped around her little finger. I am running out of fingers.....