Sunday, October 07, 2007

Rumblings, Ramblings... and the Fish Face











This is a 3-part post. It's much more effective that way. I get to tell you my scoop, give you my thoughts for the day... and post adorable photos in the process. :) It's really a win-win for all of us. The first part of this post... is about the RUMBLINGS.

The Rumblings on the Internet are both good and bad. There is a post at http://www.guatadopt.com/ that states:

Ortega, Amendments, & Campaigns
Latest and Greatest:
1.)
JCICS is reporting that the Hague permanent bureau is supporting allowing in-process to continue. This is excellent news for in-process families!

2.) The Guatemalan papers are reporting about amendments being offered to the bill and that the executive branch is not happy that the bill will undergo so many changes. The UNE party seems to be the one most supporting significant changes, or at least they are the ones saying that the bill in its current form has many issues.

3.) It does not appear as though the amendments will be voted on before the Nov 4th election. We are hearing it will be on Nov 14th. All parties in Guatemala seem to be agreeing that they must not allow the adoption law to become a campaign issue.

So this could end up being good news. It's still hard to say... so we want to ask for prayer to continue in this matter. At least until the final reading which takes place on Tuesday, October 9th. In the meantime... what can you do to help our family personally? Call Mitch McConnell's office 202.224.5968 and speak with Erin Hauer. Call Ben Chandler's Office and speak with Jim. 202.225.4706 (Sorry - don't have Jim's last name.) You need to give specific NAMES (Tim and Jennifer Hanks - in Paris, KY) and tell them that this does effect you personally, as you are relatives/friends/family/loved ones...whatever you want to say. JUST PLEASE CALL. Our Congress is one of the final hold-outs of supporting the "grandfather clause" amendment along with UNICEF in Washington. (Don't even get me started on all the money I collected as a child for UNICEF...)

As for my RAMBLINGS... they go something like this: I was riding in the car today with Tim and the kids. We were going to Sadieville to get some HAY. Tim's best friend Allen Smith lives there... and was KIND ENOUGH to take pity on the Hanks Horses... and gave us some hay. The reason that it was a family affair.. is because Allen and Angie just returned about a month ago from Guatemala bringing home their adorable daughter, Isabella. Naturally... headache or no headache... I was going to Sadieville. As we were driving home... I began to reflect on our lives...and all of our blessings. I met Allen in 1991, the same year I met Tim. It was a package deal... they were inseparable. Allen is one of those people that is loyal to a fault. He is kind, he is honest, he is funny... and I liked him immediately! Despite the many changes in their lives... marriage, family, work... Allen has always been around. It has been a challenge for me to BEAT Allen to be the first one to wish Tim a "Happy Birthday" each year. I promise you... I think this year was the first year I can remember doing that! I wonder now if the two of them ever had any idea 16 years ago... that their lives would travel the same journey... to the same country... to bring home such precious blessings!

It amazes me. It is something that I have talked a lot about with Cynthia... who has been my very dear friend... for more years than either of us care to admit. (We don't talk the "age" thing anymore.) ;) Cynthia and Adam have also journeyed down the path of adoption... all the way to China... for two very precious babies. Keegan and Romy are my kid's favorite playmates. I see them all together - and I think... "WOW - God! You are amazing!" Did we have any idea when we became best friends at the age of 10 that we would travel such similar and amazing paths? Did we know that at this point in our lives - and at this age we would both be parents of TODDLERS? No - we had no idea. but God always knew. He had a perfect plan... and he worked it all out for our good. He always does.

So... my ramblings end with this: I know that everything will be OK. I have a peace about that. (Initial meltdown aside -thank you Jamie, Cyn, Jane and Krystal for getting me through it- I have a peace about that NOW. Thank you everyone for your prayers.)

And here are a few photos of some of my very favorite people. I just wish we had Keegan and Romy in the group shot, too. (Too bad they are in Hilton Head. I bet they are just miserable there. Bah hah!) Someday soon we will have to have a big get together.

Oh the things I could tell these kids about their parents. HOWEVER... will I? NO WAY! They know way too much dirt on me! Enjoy the kiddos. The FISH FACE courtesy of Miss Isabella is my favorite.

7 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Hey girl!!! I need a babysitter!!! Not really. I made those calls today, hope it helps.

Jodi said...

Life is all about GOD's timing whether we choose to give into that or not huh? We like to think our life and destiny is in our control when really, we are just here for the ride. And oh what a ride we can have....but to go back and have things changed-NO WAY! Ok maybe I would change the pushing me out in the street incident (just kidding)-
Love you sis-

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the "plug" on your blog! And yes, God knew exactly how our lives would turn out and that our babies would some day be waiting on us!!

We love you guys too - KiKi and RoRo LOVE Ali, Rachel and McCaleb!!

Unknown said...

Jennifer,

hello from vietnam, hope this goes thru....i am praying for your adoption process. i really need your prayers because things r not going so well. been here since sept 29th, miss my kids and tom had to leave. many troubles with the last group of adoptive parents and paperwork investigations...some were not allowed to bring babies home, they wont issue visa's, am afraid that that will happen to us...what should be exciting has now been overshadowed with extreme fear and anxiety...i think i have lost 15 pounds, my pants wont stay on..(needed to but not this way) the last group has been here 5wks...i just want to take my baby home...i have her and am so in love with her...she was pretty sick, but we are on our way to recovery. i wll be devestated if we cant bring her home....my kids will be too and my faith is being tested...so i need a saint like u to pray for our family...i am not as strong as you or as strong as God thinks i am. i forgot to bring your email, so i hope u get this. take care, love ruth

Unknown said...

Jennifer,

hello from vietnam, hope this goes thru....i am praying for your adoption process. i really need your prayers because things r not going so well. been here since sept 29th, miss my kids and tom had to leave. many troubles with the last group of adoptive parents and paperwork investigations...some were not allowed to bring babies home, they wont issue visa's, am afraid that that will happen to us...what should be exciting has now been overshadowed with extreme fear and anxiety...i think i have lost 15 pounds, my pants wont stay on..(needed to but not this way) the last group has been here 5wks...i just want to take my baby home...i have her and am so in love with her...she was pretty sick, but we are on our way to recovery. i wll be devestated if we cant bring her home....my kids will be too and my faith is being tested...so i need a saint like u to pray for our family...i am not as strong as you or as strong as God thinks i am. i forgot to bring your email, so i hope u get this. take care, love ruth

Unknown said...

jennifer, my email here in vietnam is rallyruth@yahoo.com...normally i cant even open the blog this is the first time i could get on it since i have been here so i thought if give you my email i can get yours...thanks,ruth

CogsOfWar said...

This is latitia. I was searching around on the internet because my mom is always telling me about your blogs so I thought that i would drop a line. I hope that all is well. I love you guys.

LtitiaHpe87@hotmail.com