Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Latitia Hope - All Grown Up
















There are few things as surreal as watching the transformation of someone you love... growing from a small, blonde haired, blue-eyed little girl that somewhat resembled Cyndi Lou Whoo...into a mature woman. It's enough to make my head spin... and it makes my heart ache to think that in just a few short years... this same phenomenon will occur right here in my own home!! (THAT IS TERRIFYING!!!) Last week, I got a call from Latitia that she was in town - and could she come out on Friday for a visit with me and the kids??? For those of you that don't know - Latitia is my very dear friend Bridget's daughter. Bridget moved back to Michigan... and Latitia followed shortly after. Bridget has been gone for 6 years now... OH MY! But I've known them since Latitia was about Ali's age... which is 5. That realization hit me like a ton of bricks later that evening after Latitia left. I think back about that sweet little child - with her wide eyes and enormous grin. I think about how little she was... and how completely innocent...and I realize that the time has just FLOWN by. Where did it go? Did I blink and miss it? It's times like these that I am so thankful for the opportunity to be home and be such an integral part of my children's lives. I know that one day - Ali is going to be calling someone up on the phone... saying, "Hey... I just drove in town, I'd love to stop in for a visit..." I'm really glad I'm sitting down while writing this. It makes me weak in the knees. But I look at Latitia... and what a wonderful woman she has become. She has a heart that is pure. She is fiercely loyal and protective of those she loves. She is kind and good hearted. But what amazes me most is her tenacity. She is self sufficient, level headed and more than anything - she is strong in her convictions. I am so proud of the woman that she is. I love that she has an opinion and she is not afraid to speak it. Most of all - I love that she takes time to include me in her life... and to share that life with me still...500 miles away. She's grown up... and knowing how well she's done... makes it a little easier to let go and watch as my own babies grow and spread their wings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR BLESSING ME WITH THE PICTURES, YOUR STORIES AND MOST OF ALL FOR BEING THE GREAT PERSON THAT YOU ARE. I KNOW WITH OUT YOU I COULD NEVER BE WHERE I AM TODAY AND FOR THAT I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!! I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH.

BRIDGE