Monday, November 13, 2006

Rachel's Big Day...



Rachel's Referral Photo! 4 Days Old...




Rachel the Four-Year-Old!
Rachel turned 4 on November 1st. I took it terribly hard - she, on the other hand is trying to figure out when she turns 5. I have been wondering why it was so difficult for me... and I think that I finally figured it out on Friday. (I've been home sick for a week... so I've had lots of time to lay around and THINK.) When we got our referral on the girls, Rachel was 4 days old. Ali was already 11 months old. As the pictures would come in and the girls would grow... Rachel went through all the "baby" stages. Ali seemed to change to a little, tiny adult... she was so grown up the day they brought her to us . (The differences of being in a different environment in the beginning...? Or just her personality...?) At any rate - when we first met Rachel and Ali, Rachel couldn't even walk. She could pull up and hold onto things... and she was crawling like crazy. With McCaleb, our referral came when he was 8 months old... so we missed out on the beginning stages with him, too. Although we did receive many updates and photos of him, as well as a video. For that we are truly thankful! So I guess that even though Rachel isn't our youngest child... she was the youngest when we fell in love with her and accepted our referral... and the youngest when we were able to bring her home. We've certainly seen the most changes with her - even if we weren't "there" with her during all those changes. Rachel is such a preciuos little girl. Very unassuming and kind... and generous and loving. She is quick to cry if she feels she has been hurt or disappointed...(if you were at church this Sunday... you would have seen that first hand) and she cries just as quickly if she hurts your feelings. However, she is also very funny - and loves to make you laugh. Just ask Miss Joanna at the office! I guess I simply hate seeing these "toddler" stages fade away - and her grow into this little person. It's a bittersweet happiness about her special day! More pictures to come... once I scan those in! :)

No comments: