Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Jamie/Maggie Connection




While I plan to put an entry in for Rachel's birthday... which was last week...I still have that whole "memory stick is full - don't know how to clear it" dilemma. The problem? All my birthday photos are on FILM... which needs to be DEVELOPED... and then SCANNED. I really don't like digital cameras... except for the fact that you can see the pictures right away - and utilize them, as well. So to fill the time...stretching, if you will... I will answer one of the questions that has been asked from my past posts. Why do I think that Maggie looks like Jamie? We weren't really in the market for another dog when little Maggie was brought into our lives. We had just put Hunter (my old, faithful, toothless companion) to sleep in January at the ripe old age of 14. We had JD and Molly - and life was good. We were content to go horseback riding and camping, without many cares... and both JD and Molly loved to go on trail rides with us. I always said that the next dog would be a yellow lab names Maggie. In June of 2000 - right before our family went to Arizona - we drove out to Perryville to see this adorable, little, bossy puppy. It wasn't the bossiness that made me think of Jamie. It was her eyes. She was adorable - and when she furrowed her brow just the right way... she looked exactly like Jamie. We left for Arizona, trying to decide if we should bring her home. (Of course we knew she was ours the moment that we saw her... it was kismet. She was the only yellow female in the litter, her mother's name was Maggie... and the girl selling her was named Mollie. Kismet.) So on July 4th we drove BACK down to Perryville and picked up this little fireball. She is a pistol. She loves to chase balls, to run, to chase balls, to swim in the pond, to chase balls, to jump off the dock, to jump in after balls, to catch balls... and lets see... did I mention she is OCD about balls? I buy tennis balls by the 2 dozen! Her favorite person in the whole world is Matthew...although she is beginning to like the kids... now that they can (almost) throw balls. So how else does Maggie remind me of Jamie? Well... she is very task oriented...obsessive about some things...compulsive about others...but mostly she is LOYAL to a fault! OK - so here is one of my favorite puppy pictures of Maggie... look closely at those eyes (make sure you enlarge this one)... do you see the resemblance???

No comments: